Six • Her Reality

Cynthia was heading to the kitchen when she saw Alexander passing by. Without a second thought she called for him loudly.

“Alexander!”

Alexander halted in his steps and turned around with a look of surprise on his face. Cynthia looked at him nervously and took small steps to reach him.

“I mean, Master Alexander... I ... I wanted to thank you.”

He kept quiet. She was speaking so softly, as if music was playing. He had thought she would hate him after he passed her rude comment on her small chest.

“So thank you for saving me from that wild creature.”

Alexander came out of his phase and nodded at her,“It would be better if you don't step out of the castle for a while. Danger is still lurking in the woods.”

His words caught her attention,“If it's still dangerous outside then why Thea was allowed to leave? What if there are more black panthers lurking in the woods?”

“Cynthia, calm down.” He patted her shoulders gently, making her feel tingles where he touched her,“Thea is safe. You were the only target of that panther.” 

Cynthia was confused to no end after hearing what he just said,“What do mean I was the only target?”

“Nothing.” He mumbled abruptly and walked away from her.

“Why would that panther specifically attack me?” She thought to herself, “Wait, did he got to know that I want to rob libraries?” And she gasped idiotically.

✿ ✿ ✿

Thea returned to the castle after few hours. Cynthia had settled in the servants quarter by then and was reading a book when Thea entered the room.

“Cynthia, how is your injury now?” Thea asked while sitting beside her on the bed and assessing the small injuries on her arms.

“I am fine, Thea. But where were you this morning? Our stuff is already here. Nothing appears to be left behind.”

Thea sighed with her eyes closed, “I told my problem to Master Alarick and he told me about a witch who lived in Bridget Woods. I went to meet her.”

“So what did she say?”

Thea opened her eyes and Cynthia saw a helpless look in them.

“She has only increased my worries. She said I am some Aurore's reincarnation and Evil's mate.”

“What?” Cynthia was left confused at the revelation. But something clicked in her mind,“Evil's mate. The Evil who is responsible for dividing Ace into five forms?”

“Most probably.” Thea nodded.

✿ ✿ ✿

“Cynthia was attacked by an unusual black panther with yellow eyes. He was bigger. And most importantly he only aimed to harm Cynthia. Thea was strangely spared.” Alexander told Axlan and Zyaire who were carefully listening to him while they were sitting in the garden.

“The Evil possesses the black panthers you are talking about. They are excellent attackers. If Cynthia was a normal human, she could have died in mere seconds.” Axlan explained to them while staring at a tiny bird sitting on a tree.

“It means that the panther was specifically ordered to kill Cynthia. But it doesn't sit well with me. Why a ruthless creature would spare even a single life?” Zyaire pointed out while playing with the pebble in his hand.

“Yes, they feast on human flesh. It's quite unusual,” Axlan added.

Alexander was about to say something when he saw the witch Zelda entering the castle.

“Zelda?”

Axlan and Zyaire turned around and witnessed the old witch coming in their direction with hurried steps. As always she was dressed in black rags and was holding a stick in her hand that was a foot longer than her height. Zelda always called them Ace Brothers instead of calling each of them with their respective names, treating them as one which also made her their favourite.

“Ace Brothers, you need to know something urgently. Call the other two as well.”

“Zelda, calm down.” Alexander patted her shoulder. She looked so tiny in front of his tall figure.

“There's something you need to know.” She sighed tiredly.

✿ ✿ ✿

A while later they were present in Alarick's library. Five of them were keenly looking at Zelda.

“The girl you had sent to me.” She started.

“Yes, she is a servant. What's wrong with her?” Alarick asked.

“She is Aurore's reincarnation.”

The five brothers were left shocked. They had never imagined to encounter Aurore's reincarnation. It's something they never cared about because Aurore's legend took place centuries before their birth.

“Thea is Aurore. That's quite hard to believe. Aurore was an ethereal beauty according to what I've heard from angels and Thea is just an ordinary girl.” Alarick shrugged.

“She might have Aurore's soul but she isn't aware of her powers. Once she realised who she is, she will gain it back.” said Zelda.

“Zelda, what are we supposed to do about it?” asked Xavier.

“Nothing. You can do nothing about it. But stay away from her. Evil can use her to harm you.” The old witch warned them.

“She is our mate's elder sister. Does that put our mate in danger?” Axlan asked her.

“I have no answer to this. All I know is that when Aurore will wake up, she will try to get revenge from the angels. You are Ace. You are supposed to fight against her.”

“But we are only supposed to gaurd the earth and the humans. Angels are capable of protecting themselves.” Alexander argued.

“Five of you need to become one. You need to free Ace.” Zelda told them one last time before leaving the castle.

The room fell into silence. No one uttered a word. They had nothing to say.

“I don't understand. Why do we need to worry over this issue? Aurore's reincarnation is not our headache. She is cursed to be born as human in every century. Thea happened to be one of her many births.” Zyaire tried to relieve his brothers but only received glares as his reward.

“She had been feeling someone touching her at night. That must be The Evil.”  Alarick concluded.

“Why would he harrass his long lost love?” Axlan asked.

“And why our mate and his mate happened to be sisters?” Xavier added.

“I think it's time Cynthia should know her reality.” Alexander said to his brothers who nodded at him.

•••

Thoughts 💭