1

Y/n POV

I stumbled into my room, wincing slightly. I had a few bruises from the kids at my school, and a ton from my parents. I had come home late again, and my parents weren't having it. Every time I was late, my parents would beat me as punishment. I was late nearly every day, because the kids at my school would bully me, preventing me from getting home on time.

My parents' words ran around my brain, refusing to leave.

"If you're late one more time, you're going to starve for a whole month."

I shuddered at the thought. The worst part was, I knew they weren't kidding. They had starved me for a week before, but a month? That was a little overkill. Not to mention, it helped me develop an ED.

Of course, these weren't my real parents. My real parents had died in a fire about a year ago. My new adoptive parents were crazy. They would get drunk and hurt me, and then they'd forget about it the next day, and do it again.

I was used to it. I had scars and bruises all over me. It hurt of course, but sometimes I felt as if I deserved it. It was my fault I wasn't able to get my parents out of the fire. I had tried, and I still had scars and burns from it.

-

I walked down the hallway leading up to my classroom. I didn't have many friends, so I walked alone. I didn't really mind, most of the time. Any friends I ever had, would only be there as a dare. They always stabbed me in the back at the end. It hurt, but I was used to it. Everyone thought they could just push me around, and no one would care.

I had a few bullies, but if I hurried to class, they hopefully wouldn't notice me. I looked back behind me to make sure no one was following me, but I was pushed over, and I slammed into a boy. I started to fall from the impact, but he caught me.

I stared into his eyes, they were a shade of green, that I seemed to fall straight into, as he helped me up. I immediately looked away. I muttered a thank you, and ran off, leaving him in confusion.

I dashed down the hall, trying to get away from that boy. My face felt hot. Was I sick? I ran into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror, making sure I looked alright. My face was red, was I blushing!? I turned away, unable to believe it.

I rushed to class after that, trying to forget about that boy. He was kind of cute... I could not believe myself right now.

I ran into the class and slipped into my seat. I had History, and I knew we were going to be assigned to a partner for the rest of the year, but I didn't know anyone in the class. It didn't matter really, whoever my partner was would probably have me do all the work anyway, so we didn't have to talk to each other.

No one really liked me, I was the opposite of a popular person. Everyone saw me as a bug, something they could pick on, and squish. I tried to ignore it, but it hurt. I was used to it.

The teacher was blabbing about who knows what, and I drifted off into space. I was only brought back to reality, when she started assigned partners. She said a few names, and I wasn't really listening, until she said my name.

I was partnered with a boy named Toby Smith. Who the heck was that? I had no idea, so I waited for him to come to me.

A boy with green eyes approached me. My heart dropped. This could not be happening right now. It was the same boy that I had run into earlier. The same boy who had caught me. The boy who looked so cute...

I was brought back to reality as he started to speak.

"Your names y/n, right?" He asked me.

I opened my mouth, but nothing seemed to be coming out, so quickly shut it and nodded my head.

"You don't seem to speak much, do you?" He asked me.

"I-I uhh," I stammered, annoyed at my loss of words.

"That's okay, I'm Toby. But please, just call me Tubbo."

I nodded my head, knowing if I tried to speak, no words would come out.

The question of what happened earlier seemed to lurk through the air, suffocating my lungs, as I tried to ignore it. Luckily, Tubbo seemed to notice I was a little nervous, so he didn't say anything.

I felt a soft bump at my head, as a crumpled paper hit it. It tumbled to the floor, as I looked over. A bunch of kids behind me tried to hide their laughter, unsuccessfully.

I put my head down on my desk and tried to ignore them. I expected Tubbo to be laughing with them, but he seemed more annoyed, then amused.

The bell rang, and Tubbo had asked me if I needed any help packing up my things. I declined, but was grateful for the gesture. Tubbo and I had decided to get to know each other later, when there weren't so many other students around. We exchanged phone numbers and parted ways. Luckily, that was my last class of the day, so I started on my way home, but was stopped on the way by the group of 'popular' kids.

They followed me to the outside of the school. I was trying to ignore them, but their footsteps got closer and closer. One of the boys, who I think was on the football team, grabbed my wrist and dragged me backwards, toward the rest of the group.

I tried to yank my hand away, but was only pushed to the ground. One of the boys stepped down on my stomach, knocking the air out of me. I gasped for air, as the kids started to kick me, as if I was a soccer ball.

Then, the group of kids lifted me up and held me still, and started to throw punches at me. My nose had started to bleed, and I had bruises all over me. My eyes were blurring, going in and out of focus. I was losing consciousness. My vision started going dark as the kids finally let me go. They had retreated to laughing at me, as everything went dark.