𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘; the gold [part 1]

          𝐓he following morning, Marlowe finds herself sitting out on the back porch, strumming away on her acoustic guitar- some tune seeded deep in her fingertips

          𝐓he following morning, Marlowe finds herself sitting out on the back porch, strumming away on her acoustic guitar- some tune seeded deep in her fingertips. The light brown instrument has been with the family on her father's side for generations, until one day, when it ended up in her hands in the form of a fourteenth birthday present.

The sun peeks through the old oak tree in the garden. She reaches over to grab her mug of black coffee, savoring the smell before taking a careful sip of the hot drink. She sighs in delight.

The girl had found the house empty by the time she woke up, offering some much-needed alone time.

As the day drags on, she starts to grow curious about the outcome of her friends' secret plan. Had they managed to bring Kiara back on board?

After eating some of her mom's leftovers for dinner, she'd gone back to messing around with her guitar on the porch.

All of a sudden, a figure appears in the corner of her eye. She flinches, the last chord drifting into silence. Although she's already whipped her head in his direction, he still knocks on the doorframe, leaning against it with a sleepish smile.

"Hey...?" JJ greets, eyes narrowing at her skittish behavior. "You're acting like it's the first time I let myself in."

Marlowe breathes out, chuckling. "Sorry. Just... didn't expect it, I guess," she brushes off. While placing the instrument down, she scooches over. "What's up?"

The blond acknowledges her making space for him on the couch, but shakes his head. "No, no. C'mon. Change into something black. Or dark... everything dark. Hoodie, shorts, shoes. I got the bandanas- don't worry about that part," he smirks, rushing her inside. "We're gettin' rich, baby."

And so she does; earning a thumbs up once she reappears at the bottom of the staircase. She'd found the most fitting, dark outfit her closet could offer. Then, she'd braided her hair surprisingly quickly, leaving just a few, unruly strands to frame her face.

While making their way to his motorbike, he skims through last night's events. They'd lured Kiara and Sarah onto Heyward's boat, somehow stranding them in the middle of the marsh. Once the boys went back to get them this morning, the two girls had apparently talked things over.