chapter 4

The movement beside my body awoke me, and the early hour of the day enlarged my weary state. My eyes tiredly looking around the spacious room and taking notice that the sun has yet to rise, as the first song of birds has been strangely quiet. Soon enough I gaze upon Ares's perfectly defined back, at the sight my eyes widen, breath pausing. In the comfort of silence I let myself admire his solidly shaped buttocks. At that exact moment I find myself yearning for his gentle touch, wanting his lips on mine, caressing my skin lovingly. The lust for him increasing rapidly.

"I'm sorry for waking you up, beautiful." I looked up to make facial recognition. He watches me back with so much detail.

Only now I take notice in Ares's already dressed torso, a timid smile crept on my pink lips as I'm glancing around: "Oh, don't worry about it. What time it is anyway?" Endeavoring to obliterate graphic images of Ares and his perfectly sculpted torso from my mind.

Deep growl comes from his throat, in an instant my eyes jetting to his dark, full of lust one: "Annabeth stop it! I can smell your arousal and it's hard to control myself."

At his words my heart swells inside of me. I smirk: "Then why are you? Controlling I mean?"

A delicate light which gaping through the curtains, created enough luminousness for me to see his struggle, underneath his smirk: "Annabeth, you're begging for it," suddenly his both palms firmly occupying the space on the bed by my side to suport his mighty body. His upper torso leans forwards, I feel an increase of heat when Ares's lips approaching my face, our eyes never losing contact. The intensity that his look portrays make a short second feel like a long minute. He softly kisses my forehead, his lips stay there for a moment longer, I feel my heartbeat exciting itself. A large puff of air falls from his mouth, "unfortunately now is not good time, I have to sort something out, it shouldn't take long." The tone of his voice suggests irritation.

"Ares, what's wrong?" I question, confusion spreads through my skull.

His answer does not come right away, as he pauses in a moment of thought. He sighs: "Rogues are dangerously close to our territory, so I need to check it out."

My breath hitch, worry tighten my facial expression, while Ares watches me carefully: "Don't worry, those kind of things happening often." The brown of his eyes is so sencere when he speaks those words. There is no fear in his ton. 

"Just please Ares, be careful!" It is not my place to stop him from his Alpha's duties, therefore I put my selfishness aside. I smile through the caring gesture.

"I always am! I'll be back, before you know it." I just nod, he offers me a loving smile, before walks out of the room, leaving me to myself in lonely air.

Don't worry Anna, he'll be fine! Sophia reassures me.

You seem calm. Aren't you worried? Not a little bit? What if something happens to Ares? I can not help, but panic.

She scoffs: You're anxious for both of us! I just know he'll be fine. I can feel his wolf way better now. Beside I need to talk to you, about your submissiveness.

What are you talking about Soph? She lost me at the end.

Annabeth, you know we have Alpha blood and...I interject: Only like a drop or two.

She rolls her eyes: Anyways, it was hard for me to be Omega and you know it, but I accepted it, because of you and your damn tenderhearted human side!

Wow, somebody is getting bold! I remark.

I'm being serious! Annabeth, I can feel your insecurities, but this time I won't allow for you to be so feeble! I know you can be better, stronger than that! You just need to believe in yourself as much as I do! So pull your act together! For the love of Goddess we are future Luna of the strongest pack on earth, we can't afford to be weak! Her voice is filled with strong emotion, and I know that this is the battle I will not win.