|01.| Prologue

|TW ABUSE, DEATH|"Souls don't meet by accident

|TW ABUSE, DEATH|
"Souls don't meet by accident."

This started out like any typical movie.

Once upon a time, I got in a fight with my mom. I was so sick and tired of her bullshit. All the nagging about going to college, getting my grades up, and trying to be the perfect daughter she and my father want me to be.

The second I don't listen to their horrid commands, I get punished. Whether it's mentally or physically. They say unholy things to my face or they throw their own fists, legs, and knees into my body.

They wish me to be this perfect picture, this perfect sculpture you would find kept in a glass box in a museum. A perfect little bitchy princess.

But the most horrible thing? The most horrible thing is that most of the time, I listen. I let them shape me into someone I'm not. They see me as this little girl who doesn't know shit about the world but the truth is, I know more then they do. They act all kind and sweet and innocent, there the protagonist in ever story. But they're the antagonist in mine.

All they have ever done is ruin me, piece by piece, little by little. They want me to be the daughter they always wanted, my sister. My sister Stella was the favorite child, always has been. Or should I say had? She, unlike me, didn't rebel. She wore long fitted pink dresses and had long, shiny brown hair. She had manners, glamor, kindness. She had everything. She was the perfect child. But then there was me.

I wore black dresses that showed to much cleavage and was to slut like, I had long curly black hair with strands and highlights of white in it. But it's not really like I have a choice, it's my birthmark. Its sad to say that I do what my parents want, most of the time anyway. Usually it's just because Im afraid of getting hurt even more when my body has already been though enough. But I am kind...unless I choose not to be.

But even then, she was my best friend. Even though we were the complete opposite, we had each other. My younger brother, Santiago was to young to understand, he could barely even walk, Stella was always there for me when my parents weren't. She was there for me when my parents would hurt me, she was there when I wanted someone to talk about boys and girls to, she even showed me how to put on pads and how to apply makeup. Everything a mother should do for their daughter, not a sister.

Unfortunately, she passed a few months ago. Of course the only good person in my life is now gone. But ever since then, the insults and beating have gotten worse. Within every fight comes a punishment, and now that punishment has somehow turned into a reward.

They are forcing me to go to Holloway Academy. A boarding school. Though one might ask, "Luella, how is this a reward?" Well let me tell you. I will be away from my parents. That's how. I have the freedom to do what I want, whenever I want. I will finally get a break, a long desperately needed one too.