|04.| Identity

| TW BULLYING, HOMOPHOBIA |"There is something behind the mask that is preventing you from being free

"There is something behind the mask that is preventing you from being free." - by me again

Today has been a pretty normal day for me. I had first period with Luella where we spent most of the time arguing about what book genre we should start with first. I loved seeing her all riled up about something so little and unimportant.

Then I had second period which was math. I had math with Tristan and it consists with him copying off of my answers like usual. The boy is smart as fuck but his knowledge only falter when it comes to math. Plus, I don't mind him copying off of me either. He is one of my best friends and truly only knows what goes on with my personal life.

And then I had art. Art is probably one of my favorite things. I am able to express my feelings through drawings, shapes, and colors. I am able to represent my emotions through drawing and when I do so, no one can detect what the painting really says. No one has ever figured out the true meanings behind my painstakingly and I would like for it to stay that way.

My mother was a well known artist. She flew and traveled the world to promote her art pieces. And I always went with her. She lived to paint portraits and landscapes. I believe I got my love for art from her.

I remember when I was younger, I use to watch in the corner as she drew and painted, making sure to copy her every move so I can match my paintings with her. I remember once she and I were done, I would go up to her and she would pick me up like a fragile doll and place me in her lap. I would hand her my picture and she would tell me how good I did. She would have a bright smile on her face and she would kiss me nose and forehead.

It's those memories from way back when that I miss. I have a special place in my heart for art, for my mother. I wish she were still here but she's not. And there is nothing I can do about it.

But now it's lunch time. The best time of all. A break from all the annoying school work, but not a break from my friends.

After a few minutes of sitting alone awkwardly, Chase came and sat at the table with me. Chase was a transfer from Shanghai. He lived there up until the age of twelve. He was only suppose to be here for 2 years but his parents thought that the school was exceptional and decided to keep him here instead of going back to Shanghai. Chase is a man of very little words but once you stay around him for a while he opens up.

"Hey, August. How you doing my man." Tristan came up to me and sat at the table. I could tell by the look on his face that he did something really really stupid. I met Tristan first. He was the new kid at the boarding school but he was not a quiet one. He often got into trouble by the teachers. Not for doing anything in a rude manor but for being just plain stupid. Tristan is known all around the school for being a clown which is what I like about him. He can be extremely funny and is also friendly. But he can also be a pain in my ass.