E L E V E N

"Are we almost there?" Aemond yelled in Aemma's ear as Terrax kept a slow pace with the boat in the water

Aemma's ear as Terrax kept a slow pace with the boat in the water. The children had chosen to ride their dragons to Driftmark, with Aegon on Sunfyre and Halaena on Dreamfyre. Aegon had teased Aemond about having to travel on the boat with their parents, so Aemma offered Aemond to fly with her on Terrax, an offer which he happily accepted.

"I do not know, but it can't be too far now." Aemma shrugged her shoulders. She felt dreadfully bored going at such a slow pace, she decided to entertain herself by flying into the clouds. 

"Terrax, take us above the clouds." The dragon let out a small huff of breath as he ascended into the sky, flying in small circles. As they broke through the clouds, Aemond let out a gasp of surprise. 

"Everything is so peaceful up here." He murmured. There was barely any wind, and the sun shone brightly from the east. The clouds that surrounded them looked like mountains yet they also looked softer than silk. 

"It is very peaceful. I love just coasting among the clouds, it is undeniably one of my favorite places." Aemma held her arms in the air as the sun brightened her face and the wind moved her hair.

Aemond had never seen a more beautiful sight as he watched Aemma close her eyes and tilt her head toward the sun. A hot blush crept up his neck towards his cheeks as his breathing got caught in his throat. Aemond opened his mouth to say something, but he was interrupted by Aegon atop the golden beauty, Sunfyre, as they also pushed through the clouds. Sunfyre was slightly older than Terrax, but Terrax grew quickly and strong, making the dragons equal in size.

"Beautiful sight, isn't it brother? Although it's quite a shame you will never see this atop a dragon of your own." Aegon yelled over the wind. Aemond frowned. Why did Aegon have to ruin this perfect moment?

"I would be quite content looking at this view with my betrothed for the rest of my life." Aemond yelled back.

Halaena and Dreamfyre appeared on Terrax's right, opposite Aegon and Sunfyre on his left. Halaena's hair flowed freely in the wind and a wide smile was on her face. She waved to Aemma, who waved back. 

"It is a beautiful sight indeed! Shall we entertain ourselves with a race?" Halaena shouted. 

"A what?" Aegon yelled. 

"A race!" Aemma yelled. 

"Driftmark is not too far from here, if we descend from the clouds we would be able to see it!" Halaena was breathless from all the yelling. 

"Hold on tight!" Aemma instructed Aemond, who did what he was told. 

"Descend, Terrax! Quickly!" Terrax instantly folded his wings in towards his body and dove straight down. Aemond screamed as Aemma laughed. Aemond was sure he was going to die as his stomach felt like it was going to drop out of his feet.