ch.1

I'm still the same me ..

Just six years older , raising a bad ass six year old little boy , and still mourning the loss of his father

I still can't help but to think all of it was my fault.
I just miss him.
I miss his face.
His hair.
His cologne.
But I have Valoure to keep the rest of Vade going.

Look at him

Look at him .. my sweet boy.
He understands that his father is no longer on this earth but he just doesn't know how or why.
And i'm kinda hesitant to tell him.
How do I explain to a six year old that his father was taken off this earth by a man who was angry?

Over the time .. I made Milano and Kalone Valoure's godparents.
Speaking of them .. their a thing now.
I'm so happy for my friends and to my surprise , it didn't mess up our friendship at all.
And I officially adopted Valoure as my own.
Shae has never .. not one time .. attempted to see her son since she dropped him off on my doorstep six years ago.
She didn't even appear to court to fight for her son.
I feel like they both gave up on him.
I still wonder to this day , did Vade even try to fight his death?
Or maybe he was tired of life and just said "fuck it."
Either way , me and Valoure gon be good.

Current Day .. December 21 , 2028.. 9:24 pm.

"Valoure! Baby can you come here for a second?" I said , calling him from my room.

"Yea dad?" He said , running in there with his Ipad in his hand , his lil black wife beater and basketball shorts on

"You look just like yo daddy .. I miss him pook." I said calling him by his nickname , getting off topic.
"I know dad but it's okay. Please don't start crying." Valoure said , giggling. 
"I'm not pook .. but I actually called you in here to tell you that were going back to Mississippi for christmas. So you get to see grandma , aunty Tayler , Your godfathers." I said picking him up and putting him on my bed.
"Ouu that means grandma can redo my braids on Christmas eve like she did the last time we were there for Christmas?!" He asked.
"Yes baby , what you don't like when I do your hair?" I asked him , laughing and playing with his braids.
"I do but grandma always makes me fall asleep when she does it." He said.
"Whatever you say pook—" I said , laughing.

"—You want a snack before bed?" I asked him.
"Can I get a fruit snack?" He asked.
"You can get whatever you want pook but it's almost time to lay down cause you have school in the morning." I said.
"Do I have to go?" He pleaded.
"Yes because right after you get outta school , we're getting on the road to mississippi." I said.
"Fineee." He said , hoping off my bed and walking to the kitchen.

He climbed on top of the fridge and grabbed the box of fruit snacks.

"You not slick! Only take two! Valoure i'm not playing with you!" I said , laughing at his slickness.

He laughed and took two out the box.
He came in my room and put his Ipad on my bed.

"Goodnight dad!" Valoure said.
"Goodnight pook. I love you." I said.
"I love you too." He said before closing my door.

I heard his room door close.
This lil boy so spoiled.
I had his room customized when we first moved here to Atlanta to make it more comfortable for him.

I even added carpet on the mf floor

I feel like I owe him everything in the world to make up for what he's lost in this lifetime.
His father .. his mother ..
I just wanna make him know that he's loved.

The next day .. 2:26 pm.

I was walking to the school doors to pick up Valoure when I seen him start running towards me.
He ran into my arms and he was crying.

"What's wrong pook?! What happen?! Are you okay? Are you hurt?" I asked.
"He called me a dead man's kid because I had on daddy's memorial shirt!" Valoure cried.
"What?! Who?! Point em out!" I said , putting him down and taking his bookbag.

He points to the fucking principal.
Well i'll be dammed.
I sighed and turned Valoure around to me.

"Listen pook , how did you hear him say that?" I asked.
"I was in the bathroom and he was in his office with the door open and when I walked passed the door with daddy's memorial shirt on , he said it under his breath but I could still hear it." Valoure cried.
"Okay pook. Ima handle it." I said.

I grabbed his hand and walked over to the principal.
I tapped him on his shoulder.

"Excuse me? Maybe you should talk shit about my son a little lower , Because why did he hear you mumble that he is a dead man's child?? Doesn't matter if he's a dead man's child , he's still a child and he does have feelings , and large working ears that hear everything .. maybe think of them next time you wanna talk about him while your in the same area as him. And if I find out that my son is being treated any kind of differently because I came up here and cussed yo ass out , I promise your job will be in my hands by the end of next month. Good day , principal jenkins." I said.

I turned around and picked Valoure up.
I walk to the car and helped him get in.
While he climbed in the car , I seen the principal whispering to another adults and looking at me.
But I didn't care cause bout my son , i'll go to hell and jail.