ch.4

He broke from the hug and looked me in my eyes.

"I told you last night .. I got you. Vade's not here so I got you." He said.
"Akair I can't let you do that .. I can't have you taking care of me and my responsibility. That little boy is my responsibility." I said.
"I'll take some of that responsibility .. aight so just let me do that." He said.
"Akair-"

Valoure busted in the room and smiled at me.
He showed me his outfit.

"Look dad!" He said

"Look dad!" He said.
"You look so cute pook!" I said.
"Can you fix my chains?" He asked.
"Of course , come here baby." I said , reaching out for him.

I fixed his chains and made sure his hair looked good.
I got up and picked Valoure up.
I took him in the living room and got him a snack.
I sat him down on the couch and turned on the tv for him.

"Wait out here and eat your snack till grandma come and get you okay?" I said.
"Okay dad." He said.

I went back in my room and Akair was getting dressed.
He put his sneakers on and grabbed his phone.

"Look .. I understand you hurting. But I wanna be here for you to handle some of that hurt. So let me do that. Let a new nigga take over." Akair said.
"Akair-"
"Goodbye Carson." He said , grabbing my face and kissing my cheek.

He walked out my room and walked out the house.
I sat on my bed and called Milano.

"Bestfriend .. this nigga Akair ain't playing no games with me." I said.
"What you mean? And who is Akair?" Milano said. 
"Akair is one of Vade's friends who been tryna get with me since Vade died. This nigga been plotting on me for 6 years. But I seen him last night in the club and he drove me home cause I was drunk. He ended up staying the night." I said.
"Did yall do anything?" He asked.
"No , ain't I don't think I want to. I'm not ready to move on from Vade." I said.
"Bitch it's been 6 years .. Valoure turns 7 in a few weeks. You need something new , something fresh." He said.
"But I was in love and you know this. How can I just move on and forget?" I asked.
"By just doing it. We wanna see you happy so .. just do it." He said.

Later that day ...

I was laying in my bed , waiting for Tayler to bring me my snacks from the store.
There was two knocks on the door.
I got up and opened it.
It was Ty'sean.

"How the fuck .." I said.
".. Wassup CC." He said.
"Ty'sean get off this block before I have every nigga on this mu'fucka light yo ass up." I said.
"I wanted to apologize .. I was angry that he took one of my loved ones and it slipped my mind that he was one of yours. And now your raising a kid by yourself and I never wanted that to happen." He said.
"Great , a sorry ass apology that doesn't fix shit because i'm still raising the kid. Your apology doesn't bring my lover back , nor does it give Valoure his father back. How the fuck did you even get outta jail anyway??" I asked.
"I got off on good behavior .. listen Carson I wanna make it up to you." He said.
"No .. Ty'sean I just want you gone! Out of my life for good." I said.
"So there's nothing I can do to help us work things out?" He asked.
"No Ty-"

Valoure ran out the room and to the door.

"And who is this young man?" Ty'sean asked , rubbing Valoure's head.
"Um-" I grabbed Valoure and picked him up.
"-this is Valoure." I said.
"Hi!" Valoure said to Ty.
"Wassup lil man." Ty said.
"Dad who's he?" Valoure asked.
"Um he's my old friend and um baby didn't I tell you to stay in the living room?" I said.
"Don't be too hard on him Carson." Ty said nudging me.

I looked him up and down , and put Valoure down.

"Listen , you don't get come here and tell me how to raise the son you forced me to raise. I love that little boy with my whole heart and so did the father you took from him! ALL THIS SHIT IS YOUR FAULT! ALL OF IT! YOU MADE IT THIS WAY TY! YOU DID IT! SO ID APPRECIATE IF YOU LEAVE ME AND MY SON THE FUCK ALONE!" I said , before slamming the door on him.

I looked down at Valoure and he was biting his nails looking scared.
I took a deep breath and crouched down to him.

"You okay baby? It's okay. I'm sorry if I scared you okay?" I asked.
"It's okay dad." He said.
"Alright cmon baby." My mom came out and grabbed Valoure's hand.
"Ma be safe outside ... please?" I said.
"Safe? Always but why the emphasis?" She asked.
"Nothing , It's just um- parent instinct. Have a good day okay babyboy?" I said , kissing Valoure's forehead.

I opened the door and watched them walk to my mothers car.