DAWN I

Ash's POV

"Sceptile use leaf blade; greninja counter it with sacred sword." Ash ordered his two pokemons, who leaped at each other with blades glowing in green and blue.

And that was it, the two pokemon locked  themselves in an endless pool of close combat "ninja!!" The frog pokemon cried before pulling the blade in a bottom to top approach with so much visceral speed and power that the other bipedal could not evade it in time. "Tile!" Sceptile screeched. Thrown off inair , the pokemon crashed a few feets away.

"Are you alright?" Ash asked.

"Sceptile!" The reptile affirmed his state, Shrugging off and regaining his composure, he charged back down towards greninja with extreme speed, blades on his arms gleaming green "

Within an instant the reptilian was under greninja, ready to hit its prey who was completely caught off guard, Before greninja could have a chance to react, sceptile rammed the leaf blades into his ribs before zipping around and dealing a fatal blow to his opponent's head

"Ninja!" Greninja flew right across the field screeching in pain, before falling a yard away from him.

**

"That's it boys that's enough for a day" Ash said,  walking towards the fallen pokemon. "you both are getting much better by the day." He added, helping Greninja sit upright, analysing the bruise over its ribs, "that was a hard hit you took"  reaching for his bag he pulled out a healing spray and applied it over the red-blue bruise. "Good now buddy?" Ash asked, patting over the bipedal's arm,  who gave an affirmative nod.

wiping the sweat off of his forehead he stood from the ground and turned towards sceptile, who too had some gashes around his torso. "Sceptile."

"It looks like you don't even need me anymore." Ash playfully stated.

"Pika pi." Turning around towards the empty bleachers, Ash saw the yellow rodent pokemon waving at him, Ash's cell in his other hand.

"What is it?" Ash asked, making his way towards the bleachers from where The yellow rodent had jumped off and was running towards him, his cell grabbed in between his mouth.

"Pika!" Pikachu called before leaping towards him. "Now slow down buddy, we don't want you to get back on the bed, do we?" Ash asked observing the bandages tied around the rodent's torso.

"Pi pika pi." The tiny creature ignored his trainer's concern, shaking his head vigorously. "Pi." He said while handling him the cell, which was ringing on silent mode.

Ash never really liked anyone disturbing him during his training sessions but the caller ID did make him regret his decision– of turning his phone on flight.

"Not again..." he sighed, rubbing his temples. ' She is definitely gonna kill me for this.' He thought as he picked up the phone.

"Hey Ash-" before she could have completed her sentence he interrupted her with a series of apologies. "I'm so so sorry- I haven't seen any of your previous calls- I'm actually at the gym- prepping for the league- and you know how I usually put my phone on silent. "

He waited for her to reply but there was a short silence from the other end, he looked at the screen to check if she had hung up on him but the call was still live.

"Dawn..." he inquired again before hearing snickers coming from the other end which within moments erupted into a feat of laughter.

"You.. you are so stupid..." she said in between her chortles.

"Haha it's not funny." Ash replied, packing his gym gear back in his backpack.

"I haven't called you before this, it's the first." She said, calming down. "Though I was ready to hang up, knowing you would never pick any calls unless it's the 20th.