SERENA I

◾◾◾⚜◾◾◾

SERENA'S POV

She sighed into her cup of amber gold, the sweet aroma from the wine wafted through the air and up her nostrils, quenching her uneasiness away.

She glanced around the myriad of people who had filled the hall of castle īrenhall– one of kantos largest castle stadiums.

There were trainers from all over the world, gathered for the inauguration ceremony of the Master conference— it was a two leg tournament with its first leg aimed towards pokemon battles while the second half was meant for pokemon contests and for which she was there.

Before coming here she had read about this place.

The īrenhall castle was built in the 15th century by the times kanto's monarch, for his love of watching pokemon battles, the same infatuation which later destroyed this whole structure bringing it down to its ruins.

Though later restructured and maintained under the authority of the Kanto administration, the stadium was in a partially working state as it was used for organising high level gatherings or top government meetings, though from this year onwards it was refurbished to its full functionality and was going to be the centre stage for the Masters conference.

She looked around the tall pillars supporting the whole structure, one would consider them flimsy in the way they were so intricately designed but no doubt had a sturdy base, the roof itself hosted three huge dazzling chandeliers which illuminated the room in an amber lighting. 

She was in total aww after looking at what kantos royalty had to offer.

two granite charizards stood at the entrance with their imposing glare.

She shuddered under it.

Though majestic and grand, the venue didn't seem to give any positive vibes to her as much as people around her thought it to be, they keep talking about how this was the first place where the first pokemon trainer battle ever happened and what not

But still it gave her a spooky feeling that—there was this.... You know, a chill in the air.

unconsciously she rubbed her arms together trying to get off the feeling, hugging herself closer she turned towards the intricate tapestries which hung around the wall.

There was this one in Violet with a falling star embroidered over it.

Navy blue with a white bolt

Blue with the eternal flower in gold.— She smiled, noticing her region's flag.

Maroon with a gold dragon.

The Last one caught her eye, it was almost as if she was tranced by the dragons ruby red eyes- calling her towards it.

"Here." The bartender called, offering her, her drink. Noticing her gaze over the maroon flag he spoke to her "It's kantos court of arms, or should I say it once was."

"Now they just use it in pokemon battles to represent kanto."

She smiled at him in gratitude before walking over to a seat by the window.

It had been a while since she followed any pokemon battles; the last she remembered was of between her cousin—calem and diantha in kalos and even then calem had to practically drag her to the stadium.

"As in it wasn't like she was not interested in pokemon battles, in a way she liked them and it really helped her with coming up with new combinations for her performances, but lately time was a luxury she couldn't afford." She tried justifying her choices.