SERENA II

⚜️⚜️⚜️

SERENA'S POV

"Ash?"

Her voice trailed off
As she stared at the figure in front of her.

Her mouth went agape as she noticed
Those very familiar sets of caramel eyes staring back into hers with an equally surprised look, almost making her heart skip a beat.

The music from the ballroom crawled to a halt as she felt her heart turning heavy, and her breath hitched in her throat.

There In a night blue suit and a white ironed shirt stood the same raven haired guy, whom she once knew.

He simply stood there fazed on his spot, wide-eyed, mouth slightly agape "Serena?" He called out. His voice a mix of shock and surprise.

Ye-yes she was expecting to cross paths with him again but not so soon and definitely not here on an empty balcony in a pre-season ceremony.

They stared at each other for just a moment longer before a smile broke out on her face and a grin visible on his.

"Satoshi!" She exclaimed, finally materialising her thoughts into words as her smile spread from one ear to another.

"Hey! How are you!" He chuckled looking at her kinda animated face while walking up to her "It's great to see you after so long."

His voice seemed to have matured and she would be lying if she said she didn't find it absolutely attractive.

"Definitely feeling the same." She replied cheerfully , though confused whether to embrace the boy or go for a more decent hand shake as her consciousness said.

As in naturally one would definitely hug an old friend that they haven't met in a long time, but she was not sure if he would be fine with it, it had been years since the two of them have even talked, let alone see each other.

She awkwardly opened her arms for a hug but he beat her to it as he extended his hand forward.

Her Cerulean eyes stared back at him, lips pursed as the awkwardness between them began to become evident.

"Ah sorry"

"Ah sorry"

They both muttered at the same time,Swiftly switching up their positions.

She bit her lip and he sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"Kind of awkward right?" He jocularly added, exactly phrasing what was going through her mind.

"Yes a little." She chuckled before both of them shared a laugh.

She could not help but notice the way he laughed; it was all too familiar but still- still she felt something different at the same time.

His usual messy hair were now trimmed and neatly set in accordance to the occasion, even his suit was well pressed and tailored.

No wonder if he would have hired an expensive stylist.

Though she was uncertain about it because it was Ash here who she was talking about and as far as she remembers he had no taste for such stuff.

But anything could have changed in the past few years..

"So how are you here?" Ash asked with an eyebrow raised, dazing her out of her observations.

Blood rushed to her cheeks as she saw him caught her eyeing him down. She nervously faked coughing, before rolling her eyes away from him.