2

As the team was discussing the patient in the office, Albert entered. The three looked at him in confusion while House smirked.

"Ah, right on time. Team, this is Doctor James Atkinson, a cardiologist and the only one who hasn't quit yet. James, this is Cameron, Foreman and Chase, I've already told you about them." House introduced them as Albert shook their hands.

"It's Albert Atkinson, actually. And don't underestimate me House, you're not getting rid of me that easily." He awkwardly chuckled.

"But using your middle name is fun, especially when it pisses you off." House mockingly pouted as Albert rolled his eyes at him.

"Let me guess, you accepted Wilson's cousin." Albert smirked as House looked at him, irritated. "Just sit down." He muttered as Albert complied and sat near Chase.

"I don't think it's a tumor. There was nothing on the CAT scan. Differential diagnosis, people. If it's not a tumor, what are the suspects? Why couldn't she talk?" House asked them.

"Aneurysm? Stroke? Or some other ischemic syndrome?" Chase listed out.

"Get her a contrast MRI." House ordered.

"Creutzfeldt-Jacob Disease?" Cameron suggested.

"Mad cow?" Albert looked at her questioningly.

"Mad zebra." House said

"Wernicke's Encepalopathy." Foreman suggested. "No, blood thiamine level was normal."

"Lab in Trenton could have screwed up the blood test." Albert suggested, backing up Foreman.

"I assume it's corollary. If people lie, that people screw up." Foreman told him. House looked at Albert for a suggestion as Albert only nodded, mentally saying that Foreman did have a point.

"Redraw the blood tests. And get her a schedule for that contrast MRI, ASAP. Let's find out what kind of zebra we're treating here." He ordered as they all got up to do their jobs.

As Albert was about to leave, House blocked the door with his cane. "Not you." Albert looked at him questioningly as did the rest of the team.

Albert backed up and House closed the door. The team hesitantly left to do their tasks.

"Don't think I forgot about your "I wanted to meet the new team". You're rich but you don't like spending money, especially on such a short amount of time and yet you told us that you blew half of your debit card while on your vacation." House said as he paced around.

"So? I was exaggerating."

"You hardly exaggerate, and Wilson said you planned to come back in a week rather than today... Someone bailed." House concluded as Albert scoffed.

"Alright, let's entertain your idea rather than deal with the patient. Answer the who, why, and what."

"Well obviously it's a significant other or a love interest, if it wasn't, you wouldn't have drained half your debit card. And the only way to waste that much money, is to buy jewelry or reserve a non refundable 5 star restaurant. Maybe both." House explained.

"And might I remind you, this is all based on the fact that I burned half my debit card in over a month? House that's a little out of reach, even for you."

"You're sleeping with someone." House guessed as Albert scoffed.

"I am not sleeping with anyone. You of all people know that sex is sacred to me, okay? It is a sign of commitment. I don't just sleep with anyone just because I want to feel an orgasm." Albert told him as House clicked his tongue in thought.