3

There was a knock on the door. Cuddy opened the door to her house to see House standing outside looking furious.

Cuddy sighed. "Atkinson finally told you, didn't he?" She asked as House pushed past him and entered her house.

"You had him supervise me-"

"Made him? What did he tell you? He was the one who-" Cuddy asked confusedly but House cut her off.

"I don't care who did what, what I care is that both of you lied to me!" House yelled.

Cuddy looked at him tiredly. "Then why are you here? Why not continue yelling at Atkinson? I assume you left him to pay the bill." She told him.

House sighed as he leaned on his cane. "What do you want, House?" Cuddy asked him.

"Are you seeing Albert?" House asked. "Ooh, Albert, so serious." Cuddy teased him. "Just... Answer." House told her.

"Why would it matter to you?" Cuddy asked as she noticed that House was completely serious.

"He's the longest thing I've had that I would consider a friend and he's suffered a lot mentally and I need to know that he's safe in a relationship." House told her.

"I also need to know that he's safe from cougars, you know, like you." House jested as Cuddy looked at him unimpressed.

"I'm only 2 years older than him House." Cuddy defended herself.

House sighed before sitting down on a chair. "Let me tell you a story, after I was kicked out of Johns Hopkins, James was already a 2nd year intern at Mayo Clinic. A few months passed after his 2nd year, he abandoned the internship at Mayo and transferred to continue it at Johns Hopkins. I later found out that the reason behind this was because-"

"Because his female attending sexually assaulted him after he refused her multiple times... He reported her to human resources and their board of directors but he was ignored because she was a huge investor to the hospital. He tried to go to the cops but she threatened him with a sex tape. It's why he treats sex even more sacredly than before." Cuddy whispered.

"He told you?" House asked her as Cuddy nodded.

"Why?"

"Why what?" Cuddy askes as House began approaching her. "Why would he tell you? You've only known him for what, 3 years? I've been his best friend for more than 10 years and he only told me 3 years after the incident and I had to get him incredibly drunk before he confessed. So why would he tell you?" House asked as he narrowed his eyes at her.

"What are you two hiding?"

"You said what?" Albert laughed. Albert and Lisa were both at her office, as she recounted the night before.

Lisa sighed. "I told him that we were seeing each other... during my time at the university and broke it off when I graduated."

Albert laughed. "I'm sorry the irony of this is just too hilarious to just gloss over. You avoided telling him that we are in a relationship by saying that we were in a relationship?" Lisa sighed at his childishness.

"Just finalize things with House and his team before settling into your new office." She ushered him out the door.

"House!" Albert called out to House which only made the latter limp faster to his office and lock the door of his conference room as the team looked at him weirdly.

Albert tried to open the door and sighed and instead, entered his main office but House also locked the door of the conference room that connected to his main office.

"Don't be childish, Greg." Albert told him as he lightly knocked on the glass. "Says the literal child." House muttered as he closed the blinds between the two rooms.

He turned to his team to see Chase looking at him weirdly, Cameron staring at him confused and Foreman raising an eyebrow at him.

"What? Your daddies are having a fight." He sarcastically told them.

"And why? I thought doctor Atkinson was part of the team?" Cameron asked.

"He was." House told them.

The door between his office and the conference room opened to reveal Albert standing there panting.

"You know I can open locks, right?" He asked House.

"What? No! When did you learn that?" House whined. "This is a violation of privacy, I want a divorce." He complained.

"We're already going through one, now give it." Albert said as he held out his hand.

"I'm sorry, what's going on?" Chase asked. "Didn't you hear us? We're getting a divorce. He's getting promoted as the Head of the Cardiology Department." House explained as he reached down his pocket and surrendered Albert's phone back to him.

"That's great, congratulations!" Cameron cheered as Albert smiled and thanked her while House rolled his eyes. "No, not great because it means that he leaves the team, which means I have tolerate all three of you without him balancing the scale." House said.

"And why the hell is your phone so clean? I couldn't get a single fingerprint." House complained.

"That's because I wipe it every time I open and close it. After being friends with you for so long, I've known how to keep everything private from you." Albert told him as he stuffed his phone back in his pockets.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and get comfortable in my very own office." He smirked at House before walking out.

"You'll be back before you know it, I'll make sure of it!" House yelled back as Albert flipped him off.

He did in fact make sure of it.

Of course, not in the way you'd think.