▪︎Chapter 08▪︎

Chaos
(TW: suicide attempt, violence, swearing)

~

What matters in life?
Why do we still try?
Why do we still find purpose in this endless loop of misery?
What would change if we simply... cut it short?

That was what ran through Dazai's mind as he stepped up on the dustbin in the alley behind the Armed Detective Agency headquarters. It was perfect! Too perfect not to use it...
Just above the dustbin hanged a support beam in the perfect hight from the ground and dustbin, just for Dazai to tie a rope on it.

At least one thing could bring sort of joy to the bandaged maniacs at that moment...

Usually Dazai wouldn't even consider commiting suicide alone, but he wasn't feeling like living and waiting for a beautiful woman willing to kill herself that day... President already came back and Dazai no longer had a right to ditch working and make his coworkers do it for him, he hasn't gotten a chance to annoy either Kunikida or Chuuya and overall everything sucked... No fun, no hope of living.

Just as he put the rope around his neck, he heard a loud noice of motorcycle rolling in his direction at nearly full speed. The shiny pink motorcycle busted through the busy road in insane speed with the flashy rider making dangerous drifts with it. Even a blind and deaf person couldn't miss it and neither did Dazai. He just sight deeply and rolled his eyes at rider's pride.
The pink motorcycle drifted right in the alley where Dazai was in the middle of process called 'self destruction'. The rider stopped the motor and glanced at Dazai with his sharp sky blue gaze.

"Trying to kill yourself again?" Chuuya raised an eyebrow, questioning himself why is he still suprised.
"You're the one to talk. Do you know the average number of people that die on a motorcycle per year? Spoiler alert: it's higher than you think. Almost every eight person that dies on a road is driving a motorcycle. Shame for you I guess. I guess that I won't be so lonely in pits of hell for long after all..." Dazai returned to Chuuya with his classic pesky notes.
"What is that supposed to mean?!" Chuuya exclaimed with rage pumping through his veins. Only a thought of spending the rest of eternity in presence of Dazai out of all people made the redhead sick. "Whatever, I have something for you and your colleagues. You might want to stay alive for this one." Chuuya took out a file from inside pocket on his coat.
"Sweet. Give it to someone on night shift," Dazai shook it off by gesture of his hand "I'm kinda busy right now." he stated and pulled the rope tied to the beam.
Chuuya sight.
"So that's how it'll be... fine." he huffed, stomped his foot and using his ability dragged the beam down towards the ground, making it snap in spot where Dazai's rope was tied up.

Dazai fell on the concrete ground managing to hit his elbow and gave Chuuya a sour look as he put the rope off of his neck with sad and angry frown at once.
"Dogs aren't meant to disobey their owners, you know." Dazai stated as he got up off the ground and headed to the ADA headquarters entrance with the small redhead.
"Then it would be very disappointing if the dog was more responsible than it's owner. And get your ass up, it's starting to rain." Chuuya stated with his chin up.

"Sheesh... Since when are you into this 'God guy stuff' so much anyway?" Dazai asked, still mad because of his ruined attempt of fulfilling his dream called 'disposing-yourself-from-living'.
"I'm not into it!" Chuuya denied "I do it just because I get payed pretty well for it and therefore I can get myself some high-quality expensive wine and forget about it all till the next morning." he explained frankly.
"Interesting... But dope at the same time. You're bigger no-lifer than I am."
"Get your brain checked." Chuuya hissed. Dazai nodded his words. Deep inside he wanted Chuuya to take the right path as well and knew that Chuuya did too, yet the two would never admit it out loud. But of course, bold to assume that the redhead slug would pick good life to expensive wine...