two

TODAY started off different than usual mornings for Violet. Instead of Finn picking her up for school, she walked with Tina. Tina just showed up and quite literally dragged her out of bed, insisting that they go to school together, since having friends was quite new to the both of them.

During their trudging, Violet noticed that Tina seemed to be a bit off. Her posture was different, and she was extremely quiet. Violet gently nudged her with her elbow, and raised an eyebrow.

"Tina, are you alright?" She worried.

Tina lifted her head up quickly, letting out a little cough before nodding her head frantically. "Y-yeah."

Cocking her head to the side, Violet let out a friendly scoff. "Tina, it's me. You can tell me anything." She softly spoke. "I gave myself a mullet when i was six, so i really can't judge you."

Tina let a slight laugh slip, and she smiled at the brunette beside her. "Its silly, but..." She paused, taking in a nervous breath. "Violet, I've been lying about my stutter."

Violet immediately stopped in her tracks, furrowing her eyebrows and letting out the loudest laugh she'd ever let out. "You what?" She screeched. "That's such a random thing to lie about."

"I faked it in the sixth grade and it made people leave me alone, and now i'm too embarrassed to tell anyone else about it." She smiled faintly at her friend.

Violet gave Tina a gentle pat on the back, letting out a puff of air from her cheeks. "You know, it wasn't even that convincing, now that I think about it."

Tina joined in on the laughing, covering her face with both hands out of embarrassment. "Just please don't tell anyone about this." She pleaded.

Violet stuck out her pinky. "I solemnly pinky promise that i, Violet Peters, will never, ever tell anyone that you, Tina Cohen Chang, faked a stutter." She sweared, getting a light, but grateful smack on the arm.

"Thank you, Violet." Tina wrapped her left arm around Violet, and pulled her in sideways. "You're a great friend, you know."

"I love you, Tina." Violet cooed. "But if you pull me into your armpit ever again i will tell everyone about your stutter." She threatened.

"Noted."

In the choir room, the New Directions were putting their all into Le Freak—although Rachel seemed to be the only one really enjoying it. Despite being the best dancer there, Violet had fallen twice, tripping over Rachel's feet.

"This song is terrible." Mercedes voiced to their teacher, placing her hands on her hips. Violet nodded in agreement, swaying awkwardly behind Finn.

"No, it's not the song." Mr Schuester told her. "You guys just need to get into it more!" He jazzed with a wide smile.

Kurt raised a finger, shaking his head. "No, it's the song. It's really gay."

Artie looked slightly worried about the song choice, glancing toward Violet who wore the same look. "We need modern music, Mr Schue." He said.

"I'm sorry." He apologised. "We don't have time to discuss this. We're doing the song this friday at the pep assembly." He informed them with a tight lipped smile.

Tina gasped. "In front of the whole s-school?" She exclaimed through obvious panic.

"Exactly."