seven

QUINN FABRAY had a pregnancy check up, and Finn wanted to Violet to tag along for moral support. Quinn was quite relieved to have Violet there, feeling slightly uneasy sitting in the back of her teachers car. She was nervous about her appointment, nervous about the entire pregnancy, and was glad to have someone else there to support her.

Violet was sat beside Mr Schuester in the waiting room, trying her best to come up with some small talk since she wasn't really a fan of awkward silence.

"So." She clasped her hands together. "You're wife's pregnant. That...must be nice—that's interesting."

"Yeah." He gave her a tight lipped smile, continuing to read the magazine that was left on his chair.

"Do you think you'll be a good dad, or...?" She asked in a whisper, leaning slightly toward him. He looked up at her with furrowed brows, signalling that he was  confused by her question—but she didn't give him time to answer for himself.

"I'm not saying you won't be!" She assured him, loudly. "It's just that—you know, your wife basically gave us all drugs and you didn't even notice..."

Mr Schuester chewed on his fingernail, and slowly turned to look at Violet. He closed over his magazine, and uncrossed his legs—but again, he was too slow at coming up with something to respond with.

"No, no, no—i'm not saying that it's your fault. I mean we took it willingly." Again, Violets tone was loud, and the two couples in the room were giving the pair a questionable look. "Well...I personally think it was peer pressure. Rachel can be very, very terrifying."

"I didn't really need it, i mean i already have a lot of energy—except for when i don't." She muttered the last piece of her sentence, and pursed her lips.

"That makes sense." Mr Schuester replied.

It went quiet. The only thing that could be heard was the loud breaths Violet was letting out. "When you pick a God Father for your kid are you going to pick someone your own age..or a high school student?"

Mr Schuester took in a breath, and closed his eyes. He brought up a hand to massage his temple. The older man was already tired of sitting with her—despite it being about five minutes.

"I'm not tryna be mean, i'm genuinely curious." Violet rushed out, after noticing his stressed behaviour. "I've just never seen you talk to people your own age..other than Ms Pillsbury..but she's not a man, so she can't be the God Father...at least, i don't think."

"Uh huh"

"Wait!" Violet screeched. She inadvertently gripped onto his arm, and turned to look at him with narrowed eyes. "If Finn has to pick the God Father, he's going to pick Puck." She gagged. "Puck is the wrong choice!"

"I hate Puck." She seethed. "He has stupid hair." Her teacher nodded in agreement with her statement, still avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"Do i talk too much?" She wondered. "Everyone says i talk a lot." Will ran a hand over his face. "I do. I can be quiet, you know. I'll shut up."

And so, it fell silent, again.

"Hey, Mr Schue?" He mentally slapped his head to the palm of his hand, and let out an aggravated sigh. "Do you think we could sing the Black Eyed Peas, some day? They're really cool. I kinda grew up with them."

He said nothing.

So she sang.

"Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Saturday and Sunday."