eight

IN THE choir room, Quinn was sitting on Finns lap, cleaning up the harsh slushy facial he got from Karofsky just minutes earlier. With the news of Quinn Fabray's pregnancy out in the open, herself and Finn had suddenly lost their cool status. Simply walking down the corridor didn't have the students of Mckinley parting ways like the red sea anymore.

"This is a disaster." Quinn murmured. "Our reputation as McKinley Highs 'it couple' is in serious jeopardy if we don't find a way to be cool again, Finn."

Kurt crossed his legs over one another, and clapped his hands on his knee. He sighed heavily, watching the couple complain about their newfound status. "The slushy war has commenced."

"And if Finn and Quinn got nailed, none of us are safe." Mercedes commented.

"Okay, guys." Mr Schuester announced, walking into the room holding a small stack of paper.

"We're a little behind for Sectionals, thanks to our Sue Sylvester detour. But, you guys seem to really enjoy doing mash ups, right? And i'm gonna keep you guys fired up! Plus, there's an important message to he learned with mash ups." He explained.

"Sometimes, things are so different, they don't feel like they go together—but the big difference between them, is what makes them great. Like.. chocolate and bacon."

Violet cringed at his example. "That actually sounds disgusting, Mr Schue." She mumbled to Mike. He nodded his head in agreement, gnawing on the inside of his mouth. "Profoundly." He uttered back.

"Oh, like, glee club and football." Finn spoke.

Mr Schuester pointed at him with a smile. "Exactly. But, you've proven that it is a great combination."

Violet hummed in disagreement. "If glee and football was a good combination, in the slightest, wouldn't the football team...not hate us?" She wondered.

He seemed to think about it for a moment, then waved her off—something he done a little too often.

"Here is my personal favourite song—" He started to hand out sheet music to every one in the room. "—and your homework for the week, is to find an unexpected mash up to go with it." He informed the group.

"Bust a move?" Kurt cringed, glancing at Mercedes. "Yeah, this song is old school." She added.

"I am so mashing this up with a Disney song." Violet confidently whispered to herself.

With the disturbing news of Rachel Berry, and Noah Puckerman's newfound relationship, Violet felt that it was her duty, as someone who occasionally tolerated Rachel, to make sure that Puck wasn't using her— or at least, if he was, she was aware of the situation.

Violet spotted Puck at his locker, and straightened her posture to assert confidence. She coughed to herself to make sure her voice wouldn't come out all croaky, and leave her humiliated. She strut over to the boy, head held high, and an extremely serious glare plastered on her face.

"Hello, Noah." She greeted, solemnly.

He turned around with a smirk, looming over her with his tall—ish stature. "I think this might be the first time you've ever willingly spoke to me, babe." He teased, propping his elbow against his locker.

She shuddered at the nickname. "I want to know what your intentions are with Rachel, babe." She pressed.

Puck moved his eyes to the side in confusion, and furrowed his eyebrows. "I sorta dig her, you know?"