iv.

theme: 'you're losing me' / 'another love'

jisoo should've just focused on putting herself back to sanity, but then he came along.

after their europe tour ended, the girls decided to stay there for the next five months while on hiatus. jisoo had been regularly getting therapy now. the reputed mental wellness centre shared a common hall with the old age home beside.

on her fifth day, she noticed a famous face in the community hall, sitting surrounded by elderly men and women, singing an old tune the listeners seemed to enjoy.

what was kim taehyung doing here?

after he finished singing, jisoo stood, watching intently from a corner. his eyes met hers and they widened in recognition. they made small talk. taehyung was on a hiatus too, staying in berlin while he looked at inspiration for his solo debut. to cope with the absence of his grandmother, he visited the people at the shelter often so he could get reminded of her.

jisoo gazed at his golden-hearted form. wearing baggy pastel pants and a basic tee, he looked at her with the purest-boyish grin as he asked why she was here.

something about the gleam in his eyes got her to trust him wholly. she didn't find it hard to say, "i'm seeing a therapist to heal from someone i shouldn't have been with in the first place." she left the place smiling from within that day, something she hadn't seen herself do for weeks now.

it started like that. they began greeting each other almost daily, engaging conversations which grew in length with the passage of time. then they started going around the city together, actually enjoying the vacation. all masked, yet the mere presence of one another was enough.

jisoo didn't find it hard to figure out taehyung probably had a small crush on her from before. the manner how his eyes would find the ground after saying words that wrapped her chest in fuzz, his shy smile as his hands found his hair and tugged it lightly to distract himself from blushing with every echo of laughter they shared. she found it adorable how his ears always gave him away.

she found herself falling for every action of his. taehyung would be there to hear her, pour her heart out, assure her for the positive. she found someone to rely on, who made sure her mouth always stretched into a smile. on a walk beside the lake one evening, they had mutually blurted out the melody their hearts had been duet-ing on all this time.

her members had been rendered speechless when she broke the news to them. it was clear: they were apprehensive of jisoo finding love when it wasn't clear if she was completely alright from her previous boyfriend. she had to assure them she was better and was mad serious about taehyung.

in a flash they were back in korea. jisoo did not continue her therapy sessions back home, assuring the others that she was happy and in a good place mentally.

she ought to know it was a bad decision.

it started resurfacing, the panic, the memories of all the places they'd been in this very city. she lost count of how many pills she gulped down before award shows, desperate to calm her nerves, the possibility of coming across him was even worse. jisoo and taehyung had been seeing less of each other now, with the hungry media and sasaengs, and work load took a toll.

the cracks started to show.

it first happened when they were out in the streets at night, and heard a woman shriek. from behind a wall they peered to see a couple arguing, the lady getting hit by her husband constantly. taehyung felt jisoo take in a sharp breath as her violently trembling hand entwine with his.