v.

theme: 'trainwreck' / 'undo'

six months had passed. blackpink had another comeback. countless interviews and performances got her to perfect the art of faking smiles and happiness. she could pretend it all didn't hurt when she met a familiar pair of eyes at events. the weight on her chest would be excruciating. it seemed mutual, for he averted his eyes in a millisecond too. another pair would have her cowering fear. therapy had not yet helped the ingrained scars in her heart.

she was tired of it all, escaping clutches of her own ghosts. resolutely, jisoo picked up the phone.

"hello, eomma. remember you mentioning arranging my wedding? go ahead, eomma. anyone you find suitable."

after four months, a secluded wedding took place. everyone was puzzled at the news. one of the most sought-after women in the industry, having such a quiet wedding, that too a fixed one? no one could peer further. it was her decision and that was what had to accepted.

her husband was kim hawoong, a law firm owner. he was appreciably handsome, seemed kind, adoring and accepting of the marriage.

but how right jisoo was about this intuition showed itself ten days after their wedding.

jisoo woke up the sound of mumbling. her eyes gasped open and ears strained to make sense of the sound.

"tomorrow? that won't do darling, i've gotta meet her aunt tomorrow."

"so annoying!", a high pitched voice spoke, even fainter, presumably through the phone.

"i know, i know. but there's little i can do, you know."

"but, jagi, i was wondering something for a few days, you see."

"tell me."

"when you've married that kim jisoo, with that perfect face and body or whatever, why are you still with me. she's everyone's favourite aphrodite isn't she now?"

"you've answered the question yourself, sweetie. she's everyone's eye-candy. who'd want to own a woman lusted over by every man. wonder how many she's fucked. people from the industry are never clean, we all know."

jisoo heard her everything collapse at once. with fear-stricken eyes, trying to control her shivering, she listened on.

"how about now then? i'm driving back from the bar, should i stop by on the way?", to this hawoong said a yes, and slowly got up and made his way outside the bedroom. as soon as the door closed behind him, jisoo rolled over on her back. a numbness paralysed her for a minute then she sharply broke into one sob that pierced and scathed her throat.

they said to have hope, always did.

but what when hope itself betrays you? because that is exactly what had happened right now.

jisoo heard her own heart break the next moment. her palm went to her chest since weirdly enough, she felt it too. a red-hot needle slowly navigating her heart, making sure to slice every cell in half. that's what it felt like. her figure curled into a ball as she heaved out one last hopeless breath, exhaling whatever light remained in her soul.

the next day, the new headlines read: blackpink member kim jisoo passes away of heart attack last night. fans all around the world mourn the star's loss.

in the aftermath, blackpink decided to dissolve since in no way it would ever be complete without their unnie. yge released a statement saying that they were doing all they could to help jennie, lisa and chaeyoung cope with the loss. all music shows halted their programs for a fortnight to honour her memory. countless idols and musicians over the world offered their condolences.

kim hawoong made a spectacular show of crying ceaselessly over jisoo's coffin, saying he was outside home and returned home to a lifeless wife. three months alter, he ended up marrying a woman acquaintance. initially he was bashed for the decision, but since the couple weren't celebrities, netizens could only shade them so much.

kim taehyung announced a hiatus to focus on his mental health. to say he had ever gotten over jisoo would be lying, he was coping up with her marriage only slightly when he learnt she does not exist anymore. he felt his sanity trembling.

park jinyoung, despite having a comeback, did not make a public appearance for a week. something in him saddened at the thought of a beautiful soul leaving.

lee taeyong felt sick to the stomach at the news. somewhere inside, his conscience knew he had wrecked and broken her long before her death did. he ended up throwing up violently twice before finding solace in alcohol for a few days and then in the arms of women.

wang jackson felt pity for her and remarked that she must have ruined herself by acting naïve with everyone else and been betrayed. but not even he could escape the gloom that encased everyone at the moment.

and in the end there was nothing left but kim jisoo's mere memory, memory of the popularly loved girl who never found love that stayed, who foolishly believed that the cure for heartbreak was to fall in love again the next instant.

but what if i told you, that things could turn over so easily. if hawoong had turned out be sincere, if it were merely jisoo's demons from the past, chains of doubt she'd grown used to? what would it be like then?

860 words

~sid.