Chapter 17

During the time he ate, it was hard for him to not look around him and let the emotions take over his body. The emotions he and Dimitri shared of their dark and forgotten past.The two of them shared a bond far stronger than they ever could share with Emil and Edward, the bond of a fallen kingdom. The blood of the powerful kings of the ancients, the people of the heavens, the people of the land of the Human race as one. Latvia, it wasn’t just a house, but a home to those who seeked the great and happiness of those they fought to protect. The house that then was ripped to nothing because people feared that they would just be used as steps to their victory.

After the three of them finished eating, they began to go outside as they started to do their usual training and exercises that they would always do together. They work on their cardio as well as their upper body strength for about an hour, till they give themselves a break. This was so that they could keep themselves prepared and trained on their sword skills. As Edward and Luke started to swing at one another, testing each other's strength, Edward realized how sloppy Luke was and tried to fix it with a sudden swing from the side. Edward’s sword almost hit Luke before he noticed and blocked the hit and fell back onto the ground from the shock of the swing.

“Hey, what the hell are you doing? I almost sliced your head clean off,” Edward started to get angry at Lukes action.

“I’m sorry. I seem to not be able to focus for some reason, just give me a minute,” Luke said as he started to wipe his face and tried to stand up.

Edward then moved his sword to Luke’s throat and sat him back down as he began, “there won’t be a minute in battle. What is going on? We can help.”

“It’s nothing, I think recently I've done more fighting than I am used to.” as Luke finished, Edward moved his sword away and helped him up.

“If you are exhausted already, then you must focus and train even harder so you can be ready in case something happens.

“I understand. I’m sorry for disappointing you, my friend. It won’t happen again,” Luke then went to the side and sat down and watched as the two of them began to practice.

As he sat there, he tried to rub his face with force trying to get himself out of his head. As he stopped rubbing, he looked up and saw the two of them crashing their blades to each other and in the corner of his eye, he noticed something. In the distance, where there was a run down building, he saw a woman. She was thin and stood tall, but because of the distance, he couldn’t make out what her face looked like. Luke knew that no one ever stepped foot in this place and that she looked far too clean and noble to have even been there alone.

He then stood up and quickly walked past the other two to go see where the lady walked to. The building he walked inside was broken down to its last breath. It weakened, trying to stand strong. He saw burn marks all over, it seemed as though they were there for years. As he tried to find a sign of her, he saw her down a hall near the center standing so sad. Her face looked so familiar, but before he could remember she then gave a hopeful smile and ran to the left. He quickly followed, until he hit a point where there was a stairway going far down into the abyss of darkness. Luke cautiously made his way down and took careful steps down the worn down stairs that seemed that they would collapse any moment. Around the middle of the long stairs, he noticed a smell that seemed so sweet and strong. The scent was gentle, but vicious by the way it was so odd.

He tried to look down to see where the smell came from and he saw a door open and saw a blue light glow so gently. Noticing the light, he quickly took steps down till he made it to the bottom. When he made it, he looked to the door and it seemed so old, but looked so modern. Luke walked towards the door and as he opened it, he began to feel this powerful heat emit from the opening and the smell quickly died off.  He then slowly opened it and when he looked to it, he saw a bright fiery place. There was lava down below and he saw a girl holding what seemed like Dimitri in her arms.

She was crying so much and looked up to him and whispered, “my king is dead.”

Luke's eyes opened up and fear flowed through his blood, as blood began to spill from Dimitri’s body. Luke tried to scream out asking what happened and who did this, but she ignored him and began to scream. She looked like she was in so much pain and anger and as Luke started to walk closer to the edge trying to get to her. He reached his hand towards her and he got blasted by an unknown force. As he tried to get back up, he looked at her again and saw the bridge between them broken and noticed claws grabbing her every inch.

Touching every part and rubbing and scratching at her clothes until it was all gone. As she hung above the lava, she looked at him once more and said, “My King.” Immediately after, there was a roar from beneath and saw a huge claw-like hand grab her and rip her down. Luke rushed to the side of the cliff and before he could see what it was, he heard his name from behind and saw the door open to a bright, white room and saw something walking over to him.

“Our King, stand. Don’t give up, this is nothing but the evil below trying to lure you to the darkness. Take my hand, our King. Don’t fall to that you swore to destroy.” Luke couldn’t see the woman that was talking as the light was so bright and he began to faint.

He then snapped out of it and woke up to Emil and Edward shaking him trying to get him to regain consciousness. Luke looked around him as he laid where the staircase was, it was sealed as if it never existed.

“Luke!” Emil yelled at Luke as Edward was coming back with medicine, “come on man. Get up, I know you're there.

“Emil,” Luke said softly as Edward slid to his side and began, “Calm down Luke, don’t move. Here, open your mouth and drink this.”

As Luke began to drink, he quickly started to feel better and started to sit up.

“Luke, what happened. You’ve never done that before,” as Emil tried to speak worried, Edward then commented, “ I knew we shouldn’t have come here. This place is cursed with evil.”

Luke looked at Edward and grabbed his shoulder and said, “it isn’t because of this place, I promise. It’s complicated and I just need Dimitri to get here.