Chapter 2 - Be careful what you wish for~

Tommy did end up cleaning the entire house. With some struggles mind you. For one he kept occasionally dropping feathers, and for two, well, he was injured thanks to his 'loving' brother. And while his legs were fine, catching yourself on your hands after a 5-foot drop will mess up your wrists mate. Which was something he quickly discovered when trying to sweep as they did not have a vacuum yet and their old one actually somehow made the floor dirtier. But at least one of his neighbors had a lovely voice for him to listen too while he cleaned. The weird thing was though, was that the sound seemed to resonate from the living room.

Tommy eventually had to clean the living room, even though he didn't want to. Its not that he didn't want to because he was scared, no of course not he's a big man, but it just slightly... concerned him about his secret serenader. So he was just going to clean it last, possible dream fit be damned. But as he continued to clean the rest of the house, the urge to find out what was making that sound and go to it was almost too much. He just had to go through that doo- wait what.

Finally having enough and overflowing with intrigue, Tommy steps into the living room... with a broom raised to wack someone if needed mind you, but that's not important. However the moment he sets foot in said room. The sound stops and he's left more confused than he started. 

In duality to cleaning the room, he also searches for anything and everything that could possibly be the cause of that sound.

"Hello?" he shouts into the space, "Is anyone there?" But dead silence is the only response he gets, and so he continues searching. With every object he moves he quickly says 'hello' the moment before he sees there is nothing behind it.

After a short while he has given up on his mission, and just goes back to regular old cleaning. All the while think that when dream slapped him upside the head he got a concussion. The only logical reason to why he was hearing such beautiful singing earlier. As he moves a chair to sweep the dust that is under it, he finds himself face to face with a door. And not any door, a teeny, tiny door. He goes to open the door to see if anyone is behind it, but instead all he gets is stopped. The door is locked. Damn.

As he is pondering his misfortune he hears the door start to open. In a panic he finishes sweeping but leaves the door uncovered, planing to ask Dream about it. 

The moment he finishes he hears a bellowing "HELLO!" go throughout the flat.

 Running to the door he shouts "DREAM! You will not believe what I foun- who's he?" As when he gets to the door he sees his brother, and a guy in black and white with a white bandana on his head and a fire print on his shirt. Honestly the man looks and dresses stupidly similar to the lead in boy-band. Was he trying to be 'hip' or some shit? Because he was failing, hard.

His brother chuckles, "This," he points to the man "is Sapnap. A friend I met today." He looks around and a look of approval appears on his face, "I see you finished your... chores." He finishes after finding the word he was looking for.

"Yeah! I did!" Tommy exclaims "I also found this weird door, it was locked though, do you have a key?"

At Tommy saying this a look of realization appears on Dreams face. As he pulls out a key he mutters "So that's what this is for." Tommy excitedly reaches for the key and Dream leans back. "Not so fast there Tiger, to get this key you have to show me this door." Tommy nods in understanding and starts walking away. Dream starts to follow him, which is when Sapnap thinks is a good time to start speaking again.

As he questions "Hey, where are you going?" Tommy stops and looks back with a deadpan look, as does Dream.

"The door, what else?" Tommy says in a monotone voice, because honestly if Sapnap was trying to convince Tommy that he wasn't stupid he just failed the course with dying colors.

"Oh yeah, I knew that." The man in question sheepishly says while looking away. Hey if Tommy thought the outfit looked stupid, the Sapnap with a face brighter read then the fire on his shirt took the cake, ate it in front of him, and then ran away.

When they all finally reached the room Dream snorted. As the door was uncovered and still in perfect view of their eyes, it was also in perfect view of Dreams judgement.

"Who this door made for a midget?" This slightly offensive comment made Sapnap laugh, which covered up Tommy's whispered reply of 'children'.

Dream not wanting to hurt his back put the key in Tommy's hand and shoved him in the direction of the door. Once he regained his footing, he ran over to the door and knelt down. Before he put it in the door though he admired the beautifully crafted skeleton key, the top of which looked like a black button. Remembering his forgotten audience he put the key in the door. He twisted the key, hearing the lock click. He took a deep breath, and then swung open the door. And now came face-to-face with a... a- Ican'tfuckingbelievethi-

Dream and Sapnap started started wheezing. "Tommy *wheeze* I can't fucking *wheeze* I can't fucking believe you wasted my time because of a brick wall." Dream finished and started laughing again while his statement made Sapnap laugh louder. Tommy, who at this point looked like a tomato, just silently stood up and left with his feathers poofed up to the point where he looked like a walking pom-pom. Which when his peanut gallery saw ruined all attempts at not laughing, and broke down in tea-kettle noises again.

When Tommy finally got to his room he was surprised to see a little stuffed cow sitting on his bed. It looked identical to the one at the store, just with button eyes instead of bead eyes.

Tommy gasped while picking it up, "I'm going to name you Henry." he declared. He went to set the cow back down when he saw a little note underneath where he picked up the cow. He shuffled the plush into the crook of his arm and picked up the note.

Dear Tommy,

Hello! I hope you like the cow, I thought that if you just found a note with nothing else that it would be slightly more concerning. So I left you a little stuffed animal I made. Sorry that there is a brick wall blocking whats beyond the door, but I couldn't let ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ Dream into the door as he has proven himself, untrustworthy. But the door will be open for you to use later tonight. Once your brother is asleep the wall will vanish and behind it will be a surprise. You don't have to come through, but I would really love to meet you.

-Wilbur Soot

Tommy gaped at the note, well fuck. Now he had two options, each with pros and cons.

     Stay in bed later tonight: PROS- not risk getting in trouble with dream, no risk of getting kidnapped, gets lots... some good sleep. CONS- would not get to meet wall singer, never get another plush, would not get a surprise, would not get to hear more lovely singing, could get kidnapped.

     Leave bed later tonight: PROS- would get to meet wall singer, maybe get another plush, would get a surprise, would get to hear more lovely singing. CONS- risk getting in trouble with dream, risk of getting kidnapped, gets no questionable sleep.

...

Fuck it, he's going.

Word count- 1325