𝟾 𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢 | 𝚠𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚜𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚏𝚝, 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚍𝚒𝚎𝚍

╔

╔. ■ .═══════╗

8 January 2018

MONDAY

╚═══════. ■ .╝

Takemichi's pov

𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐘 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒 a few times, I felt my senses re-coming to me.

The atmosphere was ladened thick with melancholy; everyone in black attire as they conversed in hushed whispers amongst each other.

Glancing around to see various unfamiliar faces, I came to realise that the future had been changed as I'm no longer in a jail cell. As I pondered this fact, I wondered if Hina was saved in this future.

"Pardon me," a feminine voice spoke, capturing my attention.

Turning, I came to find a woman giving me a small smile in similar black clothing, hair tied back in a chignon bun with a thin fringe brushed out from her eyes. The lavender colouring of her eyes brought a wave of familiarity to her.

"Thank you for coming, Takashi would've appreciated your presence here," she states, before moving off to another person.

Taking another look, I then discern that I was at a funeral. Gaze following the form of the woman who just spoke to me, I caught a guest calling her 'Mitsuya' and apologised for her loss of a brother, causing dread to grip at my chest.

Moving towards the temple, I rush inside to find the memorial photo of Mitsuya Takashi, surrounded with bundles of flowers. The waning sun outside pierced the stained glass of the place of memorial, sent shattered prisms of light across the distant casket. 

Walking hesitantly over to the open casket, I leant forwards, seeing Mitsuya's deathly pale skin with eyes sunken in, once lilac hair dyed black.

My throat constricted, and I found it hard to breath as I stepped back. Shuffling through my pockets, I found my phone, opening to check through the news app.

I soon found that Mitsuya's death was a suspected murder, before scrolling down further to find that Hina had once again was in the crossfire of a truck accident, killing her instantly.

My face turned into a look of horror, my knees becoming weak as I fell onto the ground, and I was unable to stop the sobs wracking through my bones.

Staring down at the carpeted floor, my body screamed at me to get out from the temple as fast as possible. 

As I stumbled back onto my feet I realised a key had fallen out from my pocket. Grabbing it, I recognised it to be my apartment key before all of my time skips.

Quickly turning on my heels, I sprinted out, heading straight to the apartment I once wallowed in.

━◦○◦━◦○◦━

third person pov

Swinging open the door, Takemichi came to find the apartment was just as familiar as before he left it.

Entering inside, Takemichi wondered how this place always stayed the same even after everything has transpired – from all the unclean dishes to the unwashed futon in the centre of the room.

Walking further inside, Takemichi then took notice of a single photograph left discarded on the coffee table. Picking it up, he traced the faces of the final photo he took with everyone before he time leaped away.

"I've been looking for you," a voice spoke behind Takemichi, sending a jolt of fright, coming to find Naoto standing in the door way of the apartment.

Takemichi went to open his mouth, but paused as Naoto continued, "your memory has been overwritten, meaning you're now you again," he deduced, before entering inside himself, "so far, this is the worst possible future."

Takemichi looked away, dropping his arms to his sides, "that photo you have – almost everyone in it has died," Naoto pointed out, voice disheartened.

"Huh?" Takemichi called, taking another glance over the photo.

Naoto became crestfallen, "Chifuyu was shot to death, Hakkai was burnt alive, Mitsuya was strangled to death, Draken was stabbed to death. Even ex-Toman members have been murdered; both Kazutora and Kisaki," he listed the names and how they were murdered.

The images of how each murder happened had Takemichi lurching, forcing to keep the bile down.

"The person who committed them is still in debate," Naoto continued, face hardening.

Takemichi observed how Naoto's posture became more tense, "what about Mikey – is he still alive?" He questioned.

Naoto sneered, "he's the one who killed all of them," he revealed.

Takemichi shook his head, still unbelieving that Mikey could ever commit such acts, "Mikey could never kill anyone," he insisted.

"I want to know the truth as well – but we can only be for sure through speaking directly to him," Naoto states, taking a pause before giving Takemichi a look, "which is why we're going to set up a meeting; you're the last surviving Toman executive, and the only one to make it happen."

"How're we going to do that?" Takemichi questioned, tone hushed in slight fear of having to meet up with this future Mikey. 

Naoto pulled out is burner phone, "Sano Manjiro is currently located in the capital of the Philippines, Manila," he divulges, before giving Takemichi a look of concern, "would you know any reason why he would commit such acts; you should have some idea from the information you've gained from the past."

"Kisaki and Hanma were eliminated from Toman, so everything should be fine," Takemichi insisted. 

"Hey, Takemichi – where did you get that photograph?" Naoto then asks, directing Takemichi's attention back to the photo he was clutching in his fist. 

Glancing down at the photo once again, he side-eyed to coffee table, "I found it just laying on the table," Takemichi responded. 

At his response, Naoto entered further into the apartment, eyes set on something else left laying on top of the table, "theres a letter," Naoto pointed out, picking it up. 

Ripping the top open with his thumb, Naoto pulled out the postcard, "it's from Manjiro," Naoto mumbled, eyes scanning over the contents, "he's asking to meet up – on the 20th, and it has an address," he continued, looking up to meet Takemichi's eyes. 

"Seems as though we won't need to track him," Takemichi states, watching as a plan began to formulate behind Naoto's eyes.

| 1028 words |