5

Before Sunnydale had been destroyed, Amy reconnected with Rack, an extremely powerful warlock who could gift an individual with a little bit of Magick—for a price. He had told her that Sunnydale was not the only place to be home to a Hellmouth; in fact, there were several others dotted around the world. Even though none of them could match the power of the one in the sink-holed town, they still had the potential to bring humanity to its knees. So, although Sunnydale stood no more, and Rack was killed by Willow, Amy would be able to avenge her old friend's death... along with wreaking a little havoc of her own.

The search for the location of the other Hellmouths plagued Amy's mind like a disease; she was obsessed with seeking it out. Where there was power, the witch would go. She hungered for it and once she found one, she wanted to make her old friend-turned-enemy suffer.

A quest for more power to get revenge on the witch who kept her as a pet for three years lead Amy to the decision to make Willow think she was the man that she senselessly skinned alive using a glamour. That man would be Warren. Amy remembered him from the odd occasion when they had crossed paths in the small town. They even shared a drunken kiss once, but after that night she didn't see him again. She considered going looking for him, but The First reared its ugly noncorporeal head, and Buffy destroyed it, along with Sunnydale and the Hellmouth.

The events of Amy's plan needed change. She was lonely, so deciding that her old hometown was doomed, she raised Warren from the grave and skipped town to Indiana. However, she did not have Magicks strong enough to bring him back as a normal human. His skin was obliterated by Willow, unable to be buried with him. In order to keep him alive, Amy created a spell that would preserve his condition. But the spell was only a temporary fix; he would need a power capable of not only sustaining his life, but also to regenerate his skin. The only issue was that Amy didn't think it existed.

The longer the search for this power went on, the more irrational Warren grew. He was sick of being in pain, and tired of Amy not pulling through on her end of the deal, to the point where he considered tossing her away. He quickly realised that he wouldn't be able to survive long without her Magick, or the Magick of the other witches. Warren tried to adjust to his new life, but his anger towards his killer grew, as did his thirst for revenge. He knew the woman who gave him his second chance at life felt the same way, and despite his simmering irritation towards Amy for being so slow, he would do anything to find Willow. If he was going to die again, he wanted to make sure he had inflicted as much pain and suffering on the redhead as possible first, even hoped he could take her down with him.

Amy had just finished recruiting her coven, when out of the blue, one of the members discovered through a spell that a baby born of two worlds would be conceived. The coven member, Jenna, then went on to say the baby's mother was a slayer. This knocked the first domino in Amy's mind, and the gears began to turn. During her many hours of researching a spell to bring Warren back to his full self, she came across a text in an old book about the blood of a child who belonged to two different worlds having tremendous power, but like many written prophecies, the details were vague. It could be any baby born of two worlds; demon and human, demon and a different demon, witch and demon, witch and—you get it, right?

Amy knew then what she had to do. She and her coven performed rituals, combining their powers in hopes of being strong enough to find Buffy, for she was considered Queen of the Slayers, and once they had found Buffy, they were that much closer to finding the pregnant slayer, whoever she was. It was just wicked coincidence when it was revealed that the baby's mother was in fact the Queen Slayer herself, and Willow's best friend.

Amy sighed, trailing her fingers along the carvings on the old oak door in front of her. She could feel the Magick pulsating. It was glorious. The leader had finally found a Hellmouth, and most of the work was already done for her to ensure she had a safe, secret lair to operate from.