18th Birthday

In the early 1920s there stood an orphanage made from dark stone and was cover with overgrown vines. The cold breeze swept passed its hard exterior. Inside were shared dormitories that housed over 50 kids. It was an unkept and rough place that needed to be repaired in places. 

Americans POV:

When I was a baby I was sent away to an orphanage. I don't remember anything about my parents, it was clear they didn't want me when I asked the staff working at the orphanage about them. I disliked everyone there, the kids were all brats with a tendency to push me around; I fought back though and soon the attempted physically harm just turned to talking about me behind my back. The staff ignored me a lot and I was only given basic necessities to survive.

Today finally I turn 18. I have only suffered in the orphanage and I'm happy to finally leave it.

Third person focusing on America:

America just got a wave from the staff and a few hugs from the younger kids. The younger kids like to practise a cute exterior just incase some pour souls visits the orphanage and decides to adopt them, in reality they were just ankle bitters with egos. 

America stood by the big exit waiting for the oldest nanny Mrs Wallace.  She slowly walked up to America and handed him a scrunched up train ticket and a old letter, America looked up at her confused as it had a royal stamp on it. 

"What's  this?" America pointed to the letter

"Its a letter from your parents, you might wanna read or don't I don't care" Mrs Wallace said while taking a cigarette from her purse.

"Okay then.. aren't these stamps worth something? How come you didn't sell it"

"I didn't have a buyer, now go on! Your tress passing on private property" Mrs Wallace hit America with her purse, America hissed at his harmed arm. He soon picked up his feet and started running to the car parked outside. 

America tumbled into the car accidentally hitting his chauffeur. 

"Oi off me!" The driver pushed America into the passenger seat. 

"Sorry but that crazy women was hitting me so I ran!" America shouted back. Mrs Wallace already disappeared inside so she didn't get to she America flipping her off. The chauffeur started driving off and the two sat in silence.

_________________________________________________________Hey guys hoped you liked the first chapter

If you have any questions comment them 👍