Rough New Start

Focused on America third person:

America looked at the rolling hills and chestnut trees, it had been awhile since he last stepped out of the orphanage. He could hear his luggage rattle and his baggage roll around the inside of the compartment of the car. He thought about the letter bitter Miss Wallace had given him; If his parents gave the letter to the orphanage earlier why wasn't he given it earlier?

"Hey do you want me to carry your luggage onto the train? Ill do it for only 5 coins"The car driver said. America found out the drivers name was Mark. 

"Sure, hey can I put something in there?" America held up the letter that he was holding onto the whole drive, Mark looked at it stunned.

"S-sure I guess" Mark spotted the royal stamp, he pulled over and America hoped out of the car to grab his luggage. 

"Done" America put the letter into the side pocket of his bag and waltzed back to the car. 

Australia POV:

I peek at my father through the study door seeing only his side profile, on this date father always looks pensive and complexed. He wasn't working he just sat there looking outside. I knock on the door and dad's head turns quickly. 

"What is it?" His voice deeper than normal, father isn't normal today

"I was wondering why your in such a haze today?"

"Spying on people is rude" how did he even know he was being watched?

"I wasn't spying I was watching" I say quietly and quickly. I felt a little uneasy as his eyes narrowed at me.

"Tell me, what is the difference between watching with no permission and spying?" Father sounded annoyed and I didn't wanna continue chatting.

"Sorry father ill be going now" I make myself as light as I possibly as I walk away, my shoes are loud so you can still hear me but I am silent without them. My ancestors paintings in the hallway have eyes and ears, I swore to New Zealand and Canada they stare at me and they hear me coming.

America POV:

The car finally stops outside the train station, Mark takes my bags and sits with them outside the station building. I grip my ticket and enter the building. I knock on the horse shoe shaped wooden desk inside. The man working there was on the other side back turned to me, he then turned to face me.

"Hi I'm here to go to Venzor, I just wanna know how long till that train gets here?"

(Venzor is a made up city)

"Ready to join the city folk? Quite a rude crowd so I've heard" The man looked drowsy, bored and his ginger curly hair looked unkept. 

"Yeah well I'm sure I'm just as rude" I said jokingly and he smiled. He looked at his watch

"The train should come in 3 minutes" 

"Amazing thank you so much" I turn and walked out of the station building and sat next to Mark.

"3 minutes till it comes"I say nervously,  I started making were nosies to pass the time.

When the Train arrives:

The loud noise of Train filled the ears of the people waiting at the train station. It was the train which Americas new life would begin

America POV:

My heart pounded as it slowed came to a halt, ticket in hand and the door to the train open I went aboard. Mark carried my luggage through the halls and when we found an empty compartment. As I entered Mark followed and put my bags on a shelf above the seat where I sat down.

"Got the 5 dollars?" I handed him the coins and tipped his hat at me.

"Thanks for the ride here and carrying the bags" I shake his hand and he walks away. 

The compartment window looked out at the train station, there I saw Mark get off the train and he waved to me walking back to his car. The train started moving and so did the view. I stood up and took the main bag from the top of the shelf to grab the letter, I open the side pocket and I look down shocked to find it empty.

_____________________________________________________ Aloha any questions? Ask ahead 🥳