Ch. 3

I heard a knock on my door causing me to get up from the couch

I heard a knock on my door causing me to get up from the couch. I went to go answer the door knowing it could only be one person. I opened the door without even looking to see who it was just from how the person was knocking.

" Heyyyyy bitch! You ready to get drunk?" Tori said as she danced with the a bottle of wine and Patron in her hands as she walked through the door.

" You're late." I said as I closed and locked the door back behind her.

" I know, but it's not my fault. My last client was being difficult as fuck. Talking about she didn't want natural lashes she booked the wispy set when she clearly booked natural, so I had to redo them. So I banned her from booking with me ever again."

" You banned her? What if she just made an honest mistake by clicking the wrong one."

She shrugged her shoulders, " Oh well, dat hoe should've read over it twice before confirming to book with me."

Victoria was a lash tech. She's been doing lashes for a year now, and she was good at it. But just like any other beginner she was having a hard time building up her clientele. I would promote her work as much as I could, but that can only go so far when people don't like the person you're showing support to. Victoria's attitude was the main reason why she wasn't getting a lot of clients, if we're going to be completely honest.

" You could be the best damn lash tech in the whole state of Florida, but it's yo attitude and poor customer service dat's hindering you from doing dat. You keep going the route you going, and me and my mama gone be yo only clients." I said truthfully.

" Dat's fine with me. Hell, y'all pay good anyways." She laughed causing me to shake my head.

Tori walked back towards the living room, but stopped dead in her tracks once she seen who was already sitting on my couch.

" What the fuck is his ass doing here?" Tori asked me as she turned around looking at me with a frown on her face while she pointed back at Ja'Mir.

" I was here before yo ass. Friendship wise and company wise m'fer. You'll always be second best when it comes to me, so get over it." Ja'Mir said not taking his eyes off the tv.

" You f—" Before Tori could even finish her sentence I cut her off.

" Please don't start." I said walking into the living room.

Ja'Mir and Victoria had their days when they were cool, and they had their days when they weren't. I honestly think they both feel as though I'm suppose to only have one best friend. As petty as that's sounds, I really think that's where their petty arguments stems from. But then, again I just may be conceited and think everything is about me.

" I thought you said it was girls night." Tori said.

" You was late bitch, and you didn't even give me a heads up. So dat's on you not me." I shrugged.