Act 1, Scene 2:

England paced about the hallway, his blond hair swishing with each turn, he was nervous; Sealand should have been back by now. Even when the British man had been mean to the small boy he had always came back with a smile on his face, ready to take on the world like he was the strongest person in the world. He wasn’t, England knew that, and not just because he was small; the boy had always been a cry baby and got lonely very easily. England had learned that the hard way when he had become busy with work and had forgotten about him.

It was an accident that should not have happened and it had hurt both blonds deeply. Sealand had spurned England since and vowed that he would show him he was strong. It always made England anxious because Sealand was so much like America, a person who didn’t care for, or know, his own limitations and would go running full throttle into battle with no thought of his own safety. England didn’t want Sealand hurt or taken advantage of; that why he never let the boy join any of the meetings.

“Hey man,’ America’s obnoxious voice broke through England’s nervous haze,” What’s up?”

England turned to give America a distasteful look, Stupid git; can’t he see I’m busy worrying myself into the ground? “What do you want?”

“Just wanted to show you my new jacket, cool huh?” America spun around so England could get a glance at the gaudy Eagle taking flight upon the back of his bomber jacket. He had seen England’s nervous eyes shift quickly about the hall, looking for someone. He figured he was looking for that little twerp who had tried to enter the meeting room a few hours ago. England had a knack for worrying over the dumbest little things and at the rate he was going he’d have an ulcer in no time.

“It’s bloody wonderful,” England barked out. “Now, would you please leave me be? I’m very busy at the moment.” America sulked pushing his hands deep into his pockets and leaning back harder on the heels of his combat boots. He used to worry like that about me when I was younger, America thought angrily, but now that I’m all grown up he doesn’t care at all! The jerk. America slung his arm around the older country’s waist and pulled him away from the door. “Let’s get some coffee together before the next meeting.” He announced dragging the struggling country down the hall.

“WHAT? I can’t! I have to make sure Sealand is alright.” England shoved against America’s chest but the obnoxious country was much larger than him and his efforts bore no fruits.

America’s temper grew as his patience with his “Ex-Big Brother” grew thin. He could feel a vein start to bugle in his throat and start to plus heavily. It wasn’t fair! He used to be England’s favorite and ever since his revolution the English man wanted nothing to do with him, it seemed. Even France got more attention than he did, and the British jerk had hated him for centuries!

“I’m sure the little brat –I mean kid –is fine. You worry too much,” America assured him.

“How can you be so sure?” England questioned doubtfully.

“Because,” he answered through gritted teeth,” kids have a tendency to grow up even when they aren’t being watched.”

England stared up at America; finally noticing the man’s clenched jaw and tense shoulders, is he really talking about Sealand now? He wondered.