His eyes

They are so beautiful , filled with love , I'm so drawn to them and I don't know why . Maybe it's the way they sparkled in the moonlight . Maybe , it's the way they could draw you in . Maybe it's the way they creased at the ends when he smiled . Or maybe.... It's the fact that they're a lie .

Nobody else sees it , but I do . I see the pain , the suffering , the torment . I see how much he tries to hide it all . That might be why avoids me . No . I shouldn't lie to myself . He avoids me because I am a constant reminder of his pain , his past , his sorrow .

I understand though . If I hadn't asked him to stay a little longer , he would have gotten there in time . He would've been able to save his family .

I don't blame him for avoiding me , not one bit . I understand his anger . I would be angry too .

Though what confuses me is the fact that I don't feel his anger . I don't feel resentment . I just feel his pain . I see the tormented soul crying , begging for someone to end the suffering .

Nobody else sees it . But I do . They don't look beyond his smile . But I do . They don't notice his little white lies . But I do .

I see the pain in his eyes

( 224 words )

Thank you for reading . I hope you enjoyed it . Again , sorry for the short chapter . Next one will definitely be a lot longer .