Chapter 1 - Corrupted Memories

I was sleeping. I heard something when I woke up, it was faint, but at least noticable. I decided to open my eyes and see what was up. And it seemed like something was flying? What was it? A Pidgeot? Another Corvinight?
Before I could think about anything else, I heard my mother throughout the door singing that song she used to sing to me at night. I decided to come out the door and she looked at me a bit surprised.
I yawned a bit loud and stretched a bit, muttering, "Good Morning, Mom..." She started to smile and whisper into my ear and said, "Good Morning my son." Well at least she heard it.
I found an Eevee right next to my side rubbing my leg.
"Hmm? I told you not to go in just yet?" Whilst picking up Eevee.
"She wouldnt stop scratching at the door, Sweetie."
"But aren't you allergic to pokemon?
"You still believe your father on that?"
I kept hold on to my father's word on for at least 5 years of my childhood.
"I guess so..."
"Can't you not believe him for once at least?"
"You've never told me a valid reason why I shouldn't trust him."
"It's only because I want to protect you, sweetie."
"That isn't enough, and plus, from what? I can go places now without you having to worry about having to worry about me being alone with nobody, shouldn't that be enough?"
"It's not enough for me."
"And why would that be?"
"...He's with Team Rocket."
There was a moment of silence between me and my mom.
"Wait... That team rocket?" I asked. She nodded her head while covering her face from her tears.
I sighed both thinking, regretting stuff that I said in the past like: "I want to become like my father!" and "My dad is so awesome! I wish I could become like him." with my mom always saying, "Maybe it's best if you don't, sweetie."
No wonder my dad left 2 months after when I was at school.
"I see now..."
"Do you think that i'll see him again sweetie?" My mother asked. A single teardrop ran down my face as I answered her. "I don't know." I heard the doorbell and decided to start walking to the door. "...I think that's enough drama today," I replied with a sad face but a stern smile. I opened the door with a relaxing breeze in front of me, Seeing a similar half-sayian before. A rather edgy long-haired sayian with a slight blue tint on the edges of his hair.
More than I knew it, it was Dede.
"Hey Dede, been a while," I said to him.
"Same to you."
"So, you coming, or are you just gonna pussy out again?"
"Oh right," I replied.
I decided to grab Eevee from the living room and start running to Professor Joel's lab.
Yami and Clamaris was already there.
I started to walk again and see if anything else was there besides dede.
"Where's Professor Joel?" I asked.
"Inside, Josh," Clamaris said.
"It looks like it's closed."
"Are you sure about that?" Yami said.
He then opened the door with it being dark inside.
Everyone else decided that I should go in first.
At first, I sighed, yet I felt confident. Ready to see what was going to happen inside.
I opened to door to find myself in... darkness. Utter darkness. The only light that was coming in was the light from outside the door, and every step that I took into the darkness, the light kept getting further and further.
Eventually everyone else came in, and the door was closed.
And the lights were turned on.
I was a bit shocked by the lights being turned on, and saw Professor Joel. He finally started greeting us. "It surely took a while for you all to come in," He said, sounding either sacastic or motified.
"I'm sorry, can't get through my own good nights sleep, dicks," I replied.
"Sorry, can't get through your own failed work papers as well." Everybody else laughed at me for a bit.
"So what about the starter Pokemon you were talking about?" Yami asked.
"About them, I actually got the entire category of Starter Pokemon from mostly every region."
Josh: So we could practically have more choices?
Prof.Joel: ...That wasn't my plan at first.
Professor Joel Brought out an entire package of Pokeballs from a closet, Ranging from Indigo to the Galar Region. Dede seemed to be more interested
In the Scorbunny than any other pokemon.
The Scorbunny had red spots, blue stripes, a black top, and white pants.
Prof.Joel put a pokeball in each of our hands.
"Each one has some different abilities. They also come with special tags. But remember, you are gonna give all of the ones you choose to your starter."
"What are these even used for?" Yami asked.
"They provide energy to your pokemon, which will make sure they grow stronger as they evolve."
"Like an energy ball..." I mumbled under my breath.
"Yes, like a ball that you can use to help strengthen your pokemon."
Then Professor Joel threw the ball. All the balls started glowing.
"Now throw all of those balls, and you guys can decide who gets which Pokemon from each of the categories."
All the balls started glimmering, and we each threw some. I was happy when I was with Bulbasaur.
"Hey Bulbasaur! It's been a while, huh?" I said. He agreed and nuzzled my shoulder. I handed over the other Pokéball, to which he happily accepted.
Then Yami was the last one. He picked up the Umbreon, and held it close to him. Yami smiled at the Umbreon and said, "This Umbreon means great things to me."
"Right. You and your Dark-Types," I grumbled.
"If I can hear you, Josh, you're asking for a clear fight, aren't you?"
Prof.Joel was looking quite angry, almost mad, at my comment.
Professor Joel: "Enough with the fights already. Just pick a new type to bring with you on your Journey."
After I picked a new type, Yami immediately said, "Umbreon!"
Professor Joel: "Very well. I'm guessing you're gonna still be with Bulbasaur, Josh?"
Josh: "No other pokemon really trusts me, and you know darn well about our trust between each other. I'm not going to risk losing my partner."
"Alright. I think you made a decision, Joshua. Now you'll need to tell the others of what they need to do."
I nodded and wanted to leave, but I felt like I had to ask him something. "Hey Joel?" I said. He turned around, wondering what I was going to ask. "Why was that baby Lugia in that cage?"
"On about that again?" He said. "I'm surprised you're still on that."
"Well, I feel like I have to be. Who knows what could've happened to it." After a painstakingly long time of waiting, he sighed and signaled me to come over. He looked over at me, making sure nothing was wrong.