Chapter 1-Happy Birthday

When you first got out of bed you hadn't quite realized what today was. Until you checked your calendar and was reminded of the fact it was your birthday. You got ready quickly and headed downstairs. Everyone else was already awake and breakfast was about to be served. "Ah, Y/n, there you are." Miss Peregrine, the woman you wished you didn't have feelings for, greeted you. "Would you help set the table?" She asked, as she turned her back to you once again to grab a large plate of food to bring to the table.

You nodded and grabbed a big stack of plates and carried them to the table, then set each of them in their place as Miss Peregrine brought over the food. She hadn't told you happy birthday yet, which was usually one of the first things she said to someone when seeing them on their birthday. And she of all people would never forget. She never has and never will. Right?

Once the table was set everyone sat down and Miss Peregrine gave them the go ahead to eat. No one mentioned what day it was, in fact no one even looked at you. Apparently the disappointment was clear on your face because Miss Peregrine, who sat to your left, leaned over to ask if everything was alright. You just stared at your plate and nodded. She hummed and went back to her food, though it was obvious something was wrong.

"I was wondering if you'd accompany me in town later, Y/n?" Miss Peregrine continued speaking to you. "I need to pick a few things up to make pie later. Because the children insisted on it."

"Sure." Not like you'd hoped today would go much differently then going into town to help your headmistress do chores. She hummed in acknowledgment then went right back to her food.

When breakfast was finished most of the children rushed away immediately, it was unusual as they normally stuck around a bit longer before going to do their chores or play. Only Emma hung behind this time, she waited at the door to see you and Miss Peregrine off.

"We'll be back shortly, Emma. Forty three minutes will be spent in town. It will take us thirty one minutes to walk there and back."

"You'll be gone an hour and fourteen minutes? Could have just said that." Before Emma could say anymore she was silenced by a glare from her headmistress.

"Goodbye, Miss Bloom."

"See you later." She said, ushering you both out of the front door, then nearly slamming it behind you. Miss Peregrine sighed but started walking. You heard Emma yelling something from inside, but couldn't tell what. You followed closely behind Miss P, but never tried to walk beside the fast paced woman.

Eventually she noticed this and fell back a few steps to walk beside you. "Are you alright dear? You seem a bit off today. Would you have rather stayed home? You can go back if you'd like." She seemed worried.

"I'm perfectly fine. And no, I don't want to go back, Emma's probably put herself in charge and is ordering everyone else around." Miss Peregrine chuckled a bit at this, she knew very well that's exactly what Emma was doing.

The two of you were now approaching town and Miss P paused for a moment to turn to you. "Would you go and see Mr Brand about getting pie crust whilst I go and pick something up from the market? I'll be quick and meet you there." You nodded and walked off.

The walk to the bakers was only a couple minutes and you entered the small shop, greeted by the smell of fresh bread. "Mr Brand?" You shouted out, trying to locate the man. "Hello?"

"Y/n?" The old man emerged from the back of the shop. "Ah, what brings you here?" He grinned at you. The man didn't remember your last one hundred or so meetings, but he had remembered fifteen or so of them that'd occurred before the loop was made.

"I need five pie crusts please." You smiled, looking around the familiar shop that hasn't changed a bit in over eighty years.

"Ah, that's quite a lot, isn't it?"