CHAPTER 13: RESTLESS

THIRD PERSON'S POV

The night feels like it will never end—a continuous cascade of darkness and despair. Wonyoung longs to sleep but is unsure of how to get there. After accidentally overhearing the conversation between Yena and Sakura about Yena's older brother, Alastair, she heard everything and felt an overwhelming sense of regret. She cannot help but think about the hidden pain in her unnie's eyes. Yena appears playful, but beneath her cheerful exterior lies an invisible scar. She wishes she could help her, but unfortunately, now is not the right time. With a mind full of thoughts, Wonyoung rose from her seat and walked toward her bookshelves. She carefully selected a book and began reading, engrossed in its pages. As she turned the final page, she noticed that the sun had ascended in the sky, casting vibrant morning hues upon the plain walls of her bedroom. As soon as she rose to her feet, she heard a soft knock on her door, accompanied by the voice of the eldest enchantress.

"Wonyoung, are you awake?"

The girl pointed at the door, and it opened on its own. When the door opened, she saw Eunbi Unnie with a big smile on her face, but her expression quickly changed when she noticed how tired the youngest girl looked.

"What the heck—did you even get any sleep, Wonyoung? You look tired."

Wonyoung shows a bright smile on her face as she looks at Eunbi, who seems concerned about the youngest member.

"I'm doing fine, Unnie. I didn't get much sleep, but don't worry about it. So, why are you here, Unnie?"

"Oh, I was just checking in on you. I was planning to wake you up, but it seems like you didn't get any sleep."

Wonyoung just chuckled at what the latter said.

"By the way, the other girls are heading to the library, and we're all waiting for you there. We need to have a discussion about something."

Eunbi disappeared mysteriously, leaving the young girl to gather herself and prepare for the day quickly. She hastily cleansed her face and, with a magical snap of her fingers, changed her attire. Donning her robe, she exited her room and made her way toward the library, where they had agreed to meet. Upon entering the room, the boisterous sounds made by her uncles immediately struck her.

'Aren't we in the library? Why are these unnies so loud?'

She thought.

"Believe me, Wonyoung-ah, I've been telling them that ever since we entered into this room."

To Wonyoung's astonishment, Hitomi appeared beside her and unexpectedly vocalized the very thought that was in Wonyoung's head just moments ago. Caught off guard by Hitomi's presence and apparent ability to read her mind, Wonyoung grew concerned about how vulnerable her thoughts might be in their current messy state.

"Unnie, wait, hold on, did you just read my mind?"

"It looks like you didn't get much sleep; your mind seems to be all over the place; it's too open to read; and you didn't even realize I was here."

Wonyoung quickly shuts down her thoughts as soon as she hears what Hitomi says, and the two of them start walking toward the rest of the group. The other girls notice the youngest's arrival and proceed to do what they need to

"So, since we're all here, let's start."

Upon noticing Wonyoung's arrival, the group ceased their chatter to begin their important discussion. The tension in the room was palpable as everyone gathered around the table, their expressions serious and determined. She looked at Yuri, who immediately nodded, understanding the gravity of the conversation at hand. Without wasting any time, Yuri began to perform intricate incantations, creating a barrier around them to ensure that no one could eavesdrop on their exchange. They couldn't afford any leaks or interruptions.