Sockets

(For best experience, Listen to music above as you read.)

Lightbulb laid against a pole. She could have slept in the hotel, Yes, but she preferred it outside. Where she wouldn't get caught.

Her tail was plugged into a socket on this pole, As she glowed dimly in the night. The wire-like tail was one of her secrets. She needs to charge. Whatever powered her could last 72 hours, but it took 8 hours to charge. She found that out the hard way when she was just small. She passed out in that dimly lit concrete room, waking up with her tail in an outlet on the couch with her family sitting near her. Now, she was more careful. She was in this competition now, surrounded by others, so she only plugged in when she was sure no one would be around. She had learned to find the electrical boxes for the streetlights and plug them in there. It was easier than it used to be. And it was how she survived.

She needed to get away from the crowd. She needed to get away from everyone. She needed to be alone and recharge. But she could not let her aversions known. She had to hide her fears and act normal. She had to act like she was a normal contestant. She was not a normal contestant. She was a special girl. A girl who needed to be alone. She was a girl who needed to charge. She was a girl who was afraid of being alone. She wasn't normal. Not fully. That's what mother always told her.

Lightbulb's tail was plugged into a socket on this pole, As she glowed dimly in the night. The wire-like tail was one of her secrets. She needs to charge. Whatever powered her could last 72 hours, but it took 8 hours to charge. She found that out the hard way when she was just small. She passed out in that dimly lit concrete room, waking up with her tail in an outlet on the couch with her family sitting near her.

Now, she was more careful. She was in this competition now, surrounded by others, so she only plugged in when she was sure no one would be around. She had learned to find the electrical boxes for the streetlights and plug them in there. It was easier than it used to be. And it was how she survived. She did strange things like eating things humans aren't supposed to, making cookie pizzas, and having a pet crab, but these kinds of things could be chalked up to Lightbulb just being a bit odd. And the other contestants didn't seem to notice the electricity that much. Except when she accidentally shocked Fan with that ball.

She was just a bit stressed and got ahead of herself. Lightbulb was happy with the friends she made. She was happy with the friends she had. She was happy with the friends she had made. But she needed to be alone. She needed to be alone and recharge. She sighed, Looking at the stars. They were so close, almost like if she reached out far enough, she could take one. And yet so far away. Warm electricity pulsed through her body. She felt so peaceful. But a noise from behind her took her out of her calm trance.

"Lightbulb?!" She was dazed for a bit, but spun around, quickly unplugging her tail. Knife came from the bushes. "What was that thing?!" He exclaimed. "What thing?" She asked. "That thing! With the sparks!" He exclaimed. "What sparks?" she asked. "The sparks! And that cable!" He exclaimed. "What are you talking about?" she asked. "I knew there was something off about you! You're not just weird! Are you... some sort of robot or alien or something?! Why were you plugged in like that?!" he exclaimed.

"I-I-I" she was at a loss for words. "Answer me! What are you?!" He exclaimed. "I-I-I" she was still at a loss for words. "Answer me!" He exclaimed. "I-I-I'm just a girl! A-A-A normal girl!" she exclaimed. It's the truth!" she exclaimed. "Oh yeah?! Let me see!" He attempted to spin her around, but she pushed him away and ran off, carrying it in her arms. She didn't stop. She ran as fast as possible, But he was close behind. "Please! Come back! I'm not gonna hurt you! I just wanna know what you are!" he exclaimed. "I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT I AM!" she screamed back.

She ran into a small cave, but MePad stopped her. "I'm sorry, Lightbulb, but you are about to leave the show's boundary- '' They were interrupted by Lightbulb pushing them out of the way. "Sorry!" She ran past them and into the cave's entrance, but it was a dead end. Her heart raced. He slowly approached her, and she backed into the wall. "Please, Just leave me alone!" she exclaimed. "I can't do that! I need to know what you are!" he exclaimed. "I'm just a girl! A normal girl! I promise!" she exclaimed. "Then why were you plugged in like that?!" he asked. "I-I don't know! I-It's just how I am!" she stammered.