Alcohol

(AN:  Did I forget that OJ is in III? Yes. Will I change the story? No.)

Lightbulb was sitting on the edge of the water with her legs dangling in the air, watching the bubbles float up to the top of the surface. The two boys were lying in the grassy area next to her. They were talking animatedly, talking about the day's adventure. She rolled her eyes. She wished that she could join the conversation, but she was too nervous to talk to anyone yet.

The only thing she wanted to do was hide under a blanket and pretend like everything was okay. She sighed softly and closed her eyes, pretending that everything was alright.

"Hey, Lightbulb." Lightbulb hummed in reply and opened her eyes. "Can you help me look for another treasure chest?" The twins grinned mischievously. "Sure, but first, let's make sure that we won't get eaten by a giant squid." She joked. The twins laughed loudly. "You're funny, Lightbulb." "I know." She smirked.

The only thing she wanted to do was hide under a blanket and pretend like everything was okay. She sighed softly and closed her eyes, pretending that everything was alright.

"Hey, Lightbulb." Lightbulb hummed in reply and opened her eyes. "Can you help me look for another treasure chest?" The twins grinned mischievously. "Sure, but first, let's make sure that we won't get eaten by a giant squid." She joked. The twins laughed loudly. "You're funny, Lightbulb." "I know." She smirked.

The twins continued to chat happily, playing pirates. Lightbulb kept her eyes open the whole time, waiting for something to happen, but nothing did. After a while, the left head, Mascara Cherry, noticed her suspicious behavior. He glanced at her warily and asked, "Why are you so quiet?" She blinked twice and glanced at him. "Huh? Oh, uh She trailed off before shrugging nonchalantly. "Don't worry about it." She lied. He didn't buy it, but he didn't call her out either. She took advantage of his distraction and quickly dashed away before he even realized what was happening.

Mascara Cherry sighed deeply. He turned towards the other brother, Cocktail Cherry, glancing at him nervously. "Do you guys think something is wrong?" He whispered. Cocktail Cherry shook his head. "No, I don't. Why would something be wrong?" He questioned. Mascara Cherry frowned. "It's just...you know...there's something weird about Lightbulb lately...."

Cocktail Cherry raised an eyebrow in disbelief. "Really? Well, it can't hurt to check, huh?" "Yeah, I guess..." He mumbled. "But what if we don't find anything? "Then we'll leave her alone until she wants to tell us what's bothering her."

They walked back to where Lightbulb was, stopping when they noticed that she hadn't moved from her spot. "Lightbulb?" She looked up to see the brothers standing before her. She sighed, standing up. "What is it?" "Nothing, just checking up on you." Mascara Cherry commented. She shrugged. "Whatever." She muttered. She was simply tired. and maybe a little bit of looming dread. But that was it. She couldn't explain it.

"Well, whatever." She said. "Let's go." She said suddenly, walking briskly towards the exit. "Hey, wait up!" Mascara Cherry exclaimed. "Where are we going now?" Cocktail Cherry asked. "I need to take you two back to the hotel. It's getting late." She replied. The twins nodded eagerly and hurried after her.

When they reached the hotel they ran inside. Everyone was mostly milling about, talking amongst each other. Some of the people sat at a table near the bar drinking beer and talking in hushed voices, some others sat in groups talking quietly amongst each other. It was surprisingly domestic. She walked into the lobby and headed for the couch, flopping down The two boys followed, plopping down beside her and immediately starting to bicker about what movie they should start watching.

She listened to their arguments, occasionally saying a comment or two. Eventually, she got bored and wandered over to the bar. She ordered a drink and sat down on one of the couches. She sipped the glass of soda that the bartender handed her slowly, enjoying its sweet flavor. She stared ahead blankly, not listening to the argument between the twins.