The Waterfall

(AN: The cherries are here!)

She yawned a bit as she walked around the property The sun shined brightly overhead as she walked across the yard. She reached for her phone, noticing it wasn't charged yet again. It was almost 10 am, and she'd been walking around the property without it charging for 2 days already. She thought for a bit, and decided to try something.

She held the charger in one hand and plugged it in. Focusing her energy and praying that her phone wouldn't explode, her hand sparked and lit up. She felt tingling through her entire hand and closed her eyes Slowly, the electricity stopped coming, and Lightbulb released a deep breath she hadn't known she was holding.

She looked at the phone. It was still dead. She frowned. She figured she would have to go back inside to plug it in. She checked the batteries and smiled, making a mental note that she would have to replace them tomorrow. She opened and closed the gate carefully, heading down to the lake. It was a beautiful sunny morning. No wind, no rain, and the sky were completely clear.

She walked down the dock and sat down, taking off her shoes and dipping her feet in the water. The water calmed her nerves down considerably, causing her to open her eyes, which were filled with relief. She felt calm. Everything was okay. She picked up a stone and threw it into the lake. A ripple formed and sent it floating across the surface of the lake toward the opposite shore, where it landed in the sand. She laid down on the edge and let the breeze blow across her face. She enjoyed the warmth of the sun.

Lightbulb felt peaceful.

All the pain of the past few weeks disappeared. She didn't have to deal with Lightbulb. She didn't feel guilty anymore. She was free now. She wasn't stuck anymore. Lightbulb didn't know how long she lay there peacefully, but eventually, she heard light footsteps coming toward her. She glanced up to see the Cherries. She sat up, her hands rubbing her tired eyes.

It was early in the morning, probably 9 AM, judging by the position of the sun. She stretched, feeling the muscles pop throughout her arms and legs.

The Cherries walked closer to her until they were inches apart. Lightbulb stared at the pranksters suspiciously. "Uh... Hey!" They greeted. Lightbulb frowned. "Why aren't you guys running around doing whatever you idiots do?" She demanded, crossing her arms across her chest. "We uh... got bored." they replied, looking at her sheepishly.

Lightbulb glared at them. "So what are you doing here then?" She raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess, you guys got kicked out because you broke something important?" Their eyes widened in shock. "Who told you-" "It's cool, Cherry-os! I don't really mind." She chuckled. "You're looking at me like I'm gonna bite your head off. Or, Uh, heads. They blinked in surprise before laughing. "That's exactly what we're worried about." They joked. Lightbulb snorted. "Oh my god. You guys are such little twerps." She shook her head slightly "Whatever," she rolled her eyes and stood up. "You can leave now. But please, come back tomorrow for your next prank." She winked playfully at them. "Or maybe you can just stick around and help us." she grinned. "And, if you do, then I'll forgive you for being so annoying and noisy all day yesterday."

They chuckled. "Thanks, Lightbulb!" They said cheerily. Lightbulb rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She muttered, turning to walk back inside. "Hey!" One called after her. "You never answered my question." She turned back around. "Which one?" She asked curiously. "What are you planning to do later today?" She narrowed her eyes slightly "Nothing," She shrugged, "why?" She asked, tilting her head. "We were thinking of going to the waterfall, but we aren't allowed to go without a buddy." They p Lightbulb sighed. "Fine, I'll go with you guys." They smiled widely "Awesome!" The Cherries ran outside, dragging Light along, but Lightbulb stayed behind, watching them run to the front of the hotel. Lightbulb smiled, watching them run happily while chatting together