2: Care Package (because i really do care about you)

"I don't know what I'd do without you," Yukari sighed in relief, releasing a breath she didn't know she was holding. "Thank you for being so understanding and amazing and wonderful and sweet and lovely and perfect and—"

"I love you too, Guderian." Erwin said with a slight tip of her cap, as if those few words didn't just drop a grenade into her heart and ignite her very soul. Although Yukari figured it was just a friendly 'I love you' she was glad Erwin had turned away to pick up the first aid kit so Yukari could will her Pravda-red face to calm down.

Erwin continued. "We can break into snacks, get cosy, and get work done. I doubt you'd want to change while you're still covered in riot debris, so there's towelettes in here if you want to use those. While you upload the footage to both of our computers, can I please patch you up a bit? That scrape on your arm is concerning."

She held up the first aid kit expectantly, worry etched across her face as she looked at Yukari's arm. Yukari regarded her for a second, heart still pounding, but realised every second spent regarding is another second wasted for editing. Besides, if Erwin had any of those cooling patches, her bruises might be a little less annoying and her flushed skin might be a little more inconspicuous.

"Okay, okay, but quickly! We've got work to do, and not a lot of time." Yukari said, loosening her tie. "You have any cooling patches?"

Erwin grinned again. "Of course, my Guderian."

Yukari wiped some of the grim away with the towelettes while Erwin gathered up the cooling patches. Erwin just about choked when she saw Yukari's back, which apparently had "actual footprints Guderian! Oh, I am going to obliterate those BC Freedom girls" and required most of the patches. Yukari sighed in relief, the pleasant chill of the patches dissipating some of the painful throbbing of her bruises. Her arms were also pretty bad, and her legs, and Erwin added an extra patch under her bangs just for good measure when she offhandedly mentioned a kick in the head she got.

"Definitely need to check for a concussion." Erwin muttered.

"I'm pretty sure I'm fine—"

"Major General John P. Lucas thought that it was fine to wait around his beachhead in Anzio rather than cut off German supply lines there, but it wasn't fine, and General Albert Kesselring had his troops surrounding them nine days after their landing," Erwin huffed. "Just don't be a beached whale like Lucas, is all I'm saying."

"I'd never be a 'beached whale' like him! General Lucas literally had this golden opportunity to finish off the Germans in Italy early on with their surprise landing at Anzio he just sat there on his stupid beachhead—"

As Yukari rambled heatedly about the ramifications of an American general's mistakes in World War II, she put on the Erwin's Erwin pjs, using her unjammed fingers to button the shirt up. She slipped into her cosy Mark IV slippers and sat down, grabbing her camera and her camo USB cable and plugged it in correctly this time. Once the footage was downloaded onto her's, she grabbed Erwin's laptop, a solid army green with a few stickers, most notably a large 'STUG LIFE' sticker. Erwin was watching her hands carefully, chin between her index finger and thumb.

"...and like, seriously, the Germans might have been forced back to the Austrian frontier two years earlier than they eventually were! Why would a general waste that opportunity? If it had been— Erwin? Ow, wait— careful—" Erwin had taken her left hand and was carefully wrapping up her jammed fingers with medical tape.

"I'll start helping you cut footage once I fix these. Would you want a cooling patch on them, too?" Erwin asked, her thumb rubbing little comforting circles on her hand. Yukari's own hands were pretty calloused from all her time loading the Panzer IV, while Erwin's were still incredibly soft.