Chapt. 1 // Moving in

Kanna sighs as she took a second to breathe. Finally, the fellow group had made it to Splatsville after their journey from Inkopolis City. "Phew.. never knew this would be a workout…" Melody took a deep breath. "But now we're finally here!!" She shouted, all of a sudden enthusiastic enough. It was weird, the first thing she's all tired out but then suddenly she becomes so energetic.

"Too bad the others couldn't make it." Joshua said. He confirmed that they really weren't coming.

"Yeah." Kanna replied after. "But at the very least, we'll get to settle down first for them. Relieves the load."

Melody then runs and takes the first steps from the group to the city. "Let's go!!" Melody exclaims with her arm up in celebration. Both Kanna and Josh felt too tired for the enthusiasm until Josh made a chuckle. "Well, it doesn't hurt for a little bit of excitement." He smiles a bit before walking into the designated city. Kanna's expression relaxes out a bit, looking up at the city. She was still in the outskirts, and she was just wondering about whether this was still a right choice or not. Nonetheless, she sighs as she herself finally took the step into the city. Now, they were heading for a fresh start, the chaos city.

Kanna looks around as she was scouting for the other two. Once she did from looking at a bunch of other squids and octos, they were already a huge distance away from her. Kanna groans, gripping up her luggage and running after them.

Eventually when they finally made it to their designation after being lost for a little while, they arrived at a big yet tall apartment. "Wow.. it's bigger than the one in Inkopolis." Melody gazed at the tall building. Even Kanna and Josh were sort of shocked themselves. Kanna, who was unsure of these heights and capabilities with these buildings, was quite in doubt. Though Josh put a hand on her shoulder and shook his head. "It'll be okay, I think. It's not like it's going to fall as soon as we go in." Josh tried to sound reassuring, though she didn't quite catch that mood. She just gave a disappointed look at him. "What rooms are you guys in?" Melody turns back in question. She then takes out a ticket that represents the apartment. "Me and Alex are on the first floor, apparently. Sheldon told us he reserved a room for us that has a basement so that Alex would not.. occupy every room with his parts."

Kanna looks at the ticket before taking off her bag and going through it, finding the ticket and taking it out. "We're 3 floors above." She replies. She had two tickets in hand. One was for her while the other was for Josh.

"Pshhh, lovebirds." Melody teased as she chuckled with her hand over her mouth. Kanna rolls her eyes as Josh chuckles along.

"And I wonder why you're still with Alex." Kanna counters back with her hands on her hip.

"It's not like I have an option.. he just won't let me go. I'm sure a lot of protective brothers are like that-" Melody acted quite unphased as she tilted her head to the side, but she also seemed pretty disappointed in her own wording. They could tell she wanted a bit of privacy with the apartments. Though nothing could really be done with that. Melody sighs drastically. "It's as if he's gonna be with me till the grave." She joked, slouching back. Though shortly, she stood back up straight and continued to move. "Well, might as well get this done."

Melody enters the building as Kanna just stood there for a moment. Josh looks at Kanna, tilting his head. "What's wrong? Do you need me to carry yo-" he approached her, about to put his arms around her. Though Kanna immediately uses her hand and places it on his chest, pushing him back away from her.

"No, I'm fine. Just thinking." Kanna replied in a monotone as she also followed inside as well. Josh sighs with one side of his cheek puffed out. "Such coldness.." he bitterly says half-heartedly yet admired it, though he also went inside the building too.