Chapter 4

A/n- I'm changing the title of this book. I feel like this title suits my concept of the story more.

Hope you guys are enjoying it

Another week had gone by since Nicole's parents left.

Gia and Nicole did see each other, but this time Gia stayed away completely.

Nicole felt furious for the first few days and thereafter, when she realized what had happened, she couldn't help but feel guilty for the way she behaved.

Since day one, Gia tried to be a friend, but Nicole was always rude and the last time they spoke to each other, she had crossed all her limits.

Gia always noticed Nicole but this time Nicole also noticed her and saw that Gia had lost her usual smile, instead a fake kind of smile was plastered on her face and Gia would try really hard to ignore Nicole.

Nicole decided to apologize because she did not want that another person becomes a member of the negativity and sadness just because that's how Nicole feels 24/7.

After they were done for the day Nicole left the campus and went to a nearby mall to buy something for Gia but due to the limited conversation, Nicole had zero idea as to what to buy for her.

She went for the safest option and bought two pairs of socks. One pair was purple with little rainbows all over, and the second pair was black with tiny cups of coffee all over.

She even bought a Sorry card and wrote,

“To Gia,
Shouldn't have behaved the way I did with the person who unknowingly was there for me. Thank you and I'm genuinely sorry. Please do accept my apology and this gift for more warmth—Nicole ♡”.

Nicole headed back to her hostel with her heart racing. She really hated the way she behaved and didn't want someone as cheerful as Gia to turn into her.

Nicole had bought the gifts, but she wanted to avoid giving it to her in the cafeteria where everyone would notice the quiet, isolated bitch talking to someone, so she decided to deliver it to her room but all thanks to her lack of conversation skills she had no idea which room was allotted to Gia.

She reached the hostel and asked the security guard for Gia Hart's room number, which he gave easily. Nicole, being the awkward person, left her gifts on the doorstep, knocked on the door and then hid behind a wall to see if Gia took it.

The door suddenly flung open and Gia got out of her room wearing a huge sweater and sweatpants. Her hair looked messy, and it seemed like she was half asleep.

Gia picked up the mystery bag and Nicole ran towards her room. She wanted to avoid facing Gia and wasn't ready to see her reaction.

Nicole reached her room and stood there breathlessly.

She had barely caught her breath when suddenly someone knocked on her door and she knew who it was. She took three deep breaths and then opened the door timidly.

Gia was standing in front of her room holding the bag and her arms crossed.

Nicole got extremely awkward as Gia just stared at her and did not say anything.

After sometime, Gia broke the awkward silence.

“If you want to apologize, do it to my face”, Gia spoke softly.

“I'm sorry, for not apologizing to you directly and also for behaving like an ass”, Nicole spoke without wasting any more time.

“Can I come in or are we going to have this conversation at your doorstep?” Gia spoke, her arms still crossed.