Chapter 32

Nicky: will be extremely busy today, so if I don't reply to your texts, don't worry. I love you baby :)

Nicole sent the text before she entered her office.

It had now been six months since she moved to London, and now this city felt like home.

She would work every day tirelessly, and get rewarded at the end of the day by going to the gym, and at the end of the weekend by going out with her boss and other coworkers.

Nicole had met Aliyah too who she really adored, and somewhere, she found a close friend in Hope.

During business hours, it was strictly professional, but after six pm, it was like hanging out with an elder sister.

Hope had met Gia through video call, and Gia was glad that Nicole had a friend and a mentor as amazing as her.

Nicole was finally done for the day and was desperately awaiting the long weekend. The continuous, long hours of meetings had exhausted her.

Hope had invited her over for wine and ice cream while they watched some animated movie along with her daughter.

She planned to go to the gym, freshen up, and then stay over at Hope's.

The sun had set, and Nicole was packing up her things when her phone vibrated and before looking at the caller ID, she knew who it was. Gia hadn't texted her all day after she had sent that text in the morning.

Nicole answered her video call and smiled widely, which immediately faded when she saw Gia crying profusely.

Nicole sat up straight, “What happened, Gia? Why are you crying?”

But Gia wouldn't answer, she kept crying without answering. Nicole noticed that she was in her bedroom, wearing the white shirt that she had given.

“I had the worst day today”, Gia finally spoke.

“What happened?” Nicole spoke softly.

Gia vented about her job and how her order got delayed due to the mistakes of the tailors, and even though her boss knew who was responsible for the blunder, Gia still had to take all the responsibility as they were working under her.

She was pretty upset the whole day, her boss wasn't exactly upset with her as this was her first slip up in these many months, but Gia hated that she had let him down, and she hated that she was screaming at her workers all day.

“Please come back, Nick, I cannot take it anymore. I thought after a few months I'll get used to it, but this is really not easy”, Gia cried.

Nicole sat there quietly, letting her vent out her feelings.

“I'll just quit, I cannot handle this anymore, I'll move to London”, Gia spoke, fully aware that none of these things would happen.

She knew how much Nicole enjoyed her work, and  Gia never had the guts to do something like that.

She cried and vented about the incompetence of her workers, she then blamed herself for everything, and was overall a complete mess.

Nicole knew it was best for her to tire herself out and not offer her any solutions to the problems she was facing.

Gia stopped crying after sometime, “I'm fine now”, she whispered.

“I love you, Gia. You are my strong girl, and this is the first time this happened, but I can assure you this isn't the last time. You will have to stay a little strong, be a little authoritative in front of your staff, but be kind too and things will be okay baby”.