Chap. 1 "𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐚𝐬 𝐂𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐲"

Candy
Noun
Sweet food made with sugar or other sweeteners, typically formed in small, shaped pieces and flavored with chocolate, fruit, or nuts.

------------------------------
(NAME) = Your Name

October 28, 6:52pm

The rain sprinkled down onto the town. The sky was covered with dark clouds. Cold winds blew through the air. It wasn't intensely raining, just a soft sprinkle. It's the kind of rain that you could walk through without getting soaked.

There was (NAME), walking on the sidewalk, simply enjoying the rain. However, the dark clouds covered the sun, which made it decently dark outside, so they only light they had was from passing buildings or street lamps.

(NAME) saw their destination up ahead, causing them to quickly sprint to the door. Their destination? The candy store, more specifically, Candy Club.

The bell that dings whenever you enter a store ringed through (NAME)'s ears. The warmth of the building hugged (NAME). They looked around, and it looked like there was an endless choice of candies. Starburst, Butter Fingers, Candy Corn, Mints, Jelly Beans, Airheads, Starburst.. Everything

Not to mention the pastel colors of the shop blending together, creating a satisfying atmosphere. The sweet and scrumptious smell of candy filled (NAME)'s nose.

(NAME) noticed one of the store workers, Kevin, was ranting to his coworker, Rick. They didn't seem to notice (NAME) enter the store.

"Seriously, they appear every year, Rick! And every year, something worse happens! What's next, spider babies?!" explained Kevin, while pacing back and forth behind the counter. Rick, however, seemed completely bored. He layed his head down onto his palm, looking down on the floor, and nodding along to whatever Kevin was rambling about.

The arguement between the two slowly became white noise in (NAME)'s head, as they started to slowly pace around the small isles, being attracted to all the colors, shapes, and sizes of the individual candles.

They grabbed a wide bag, and just started to grab hand fulls of candy from each section. Hard candy, soft candy, gummy candy. (NAME) grabbed all sorts of delicious treats.

After (NAME) was satisfied with the amount they had, they brought the large bag to the country to check out the candy. The two store workers still haven't noticed (NAME).
They stood there awkwardly, waiting for the two to notice them.

"Erm, hello?" (NAME) stressed. Kevin flinched at the sudden voice, and hastily turned around, while Rick slowly lifted his head. "It's.. It's just you.. Phew.." Kevin croaked. Once he realized it was just (NAME), he seemed to melt on the counter in relief.

(NAME) pushed the bag of candy slighty closer to Kevin, hinting to him that it was about time (NAME) pays for the bag. Kevin looked down in confusion for a second, then it quickly snapped in his mind that he actually had to do his job.

He sighed, then took the bag, white counting the candy inside. (NAME) stared at the floor, waiting for Kevin to finish checking out the candy. The soft music that played through the store's speakers made everything just slighty less awkward.

"Did you find everything okay?" Kevin asks in a monotone and bored voice. "Mm-hmm." (NAME) mumbled to the floor. A few seconds of silence. Then.. "That's good." Kevin hesitantly said. (NAME) didn't reply, they just kept staring at the floor. They thought that would be the end of the meaninglessness conversation they and Kevin just had. However, Kevin began talking again.

"Hey, have you seen any.." He paused, looked around the room quickly, then leaned over the counter with a serious face. "..Any kids with a skeleton and pumpkin costume?"