How To Say "I Love You" Without Saying "I Love You"? | Ch. 4

-Fred's POV-

Dear diary,

I still don't know how to tell Shaggy. Especially after the moment in the mine, I probably freaked him out staring at his lips like that. We've known each other forever, how do you tell your best friend you're in love with him without scaring him off and him never wanting to talk to you again? I'm surprised he doesn't already notice considering my mom acts like she's trying to set us up. It would be sweet, if I knew how he felt. Daphne said to go for it, but I'm scared. Velma also said to trust her and just tell Shaggy how I feel. I lied to Shaggy, I had no idea where they were until laser tag. I just didn't invite them. I wanted to finally get the courage to tell Shaggy, but I failed again. I've been in love with him for years, since kindergarten. How do you just tell your best friend of 13 years you've been in love with him since the first time you saw him?

How could I not be though? Everything about him is perfect. He's just Shaggy. I love that about him. He's never changed for anyone. He's still the guy with the talking dog, who eats a lot, gets scared of everything, and has a drawer full of green shirts, because it's his favourite colour. He listens to my endless talks about traps and mystery's and even learns things and helps me build traps. He always makes me feel special. God I hope he feels the same, because this is killing me. I don't know if I could love anyone else. I don't know how or when but I need to tell him soon, no matter what. I can't get scared again, I just need to admit it. Even if he doesn't feel the same, I can't hide this from him, because It's better to know how he feels now, then sit and waiting for him forever not knowing how he feels at all. Besides, I would rather know if he doesn't like me now and have time to move on rather than see him with someone else and be shattered into pieces.

I am going to try one last time, and this time I won't put it off because it makes me wanna throw up. I plan on asking him to go to the café downtown to get milkshakes, as if that doesn't make it obvious, since it sounds like a date. I told Daphne about it and she got excited, I think she has a little too much faith in me to be honest, and I don't know why. Shaggy's never really shown interest in anyone, even people who have shown interest in him. He gets annoyed with most of them, which honestly, adds to my fear. I'm scared he'd think I'm annoying and obsessive with my feelings, considering that's how he's felt about everybody else who liked him in the past. But at the same time, I'm not just anyone, I'm his best friend besides Scooby. He can't be too harsh right? Plus Shaggy's nice, he's always been nice, and he couldn't hate me, right? I hope I'm right.