Chapter 37

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

.
.

.
.

"Where's Nezuko?!" Zenitsu shouted, gathering the attention of everyone inside the Butterfly Mansion as they all rushed to the infirmary room where the girl was supposed to be. The commotion woke Tanjiro up from his slumber as he sat up, wide-eyed with panic as he looked around. He tried looking underneath his bed by using his right arm as a support to keep him from falling off and found nothing underneath. As everyone continued to look around, Tanjiro heard a familiar voice he hasn't heard in a long time call out from outside:

"I'm out here!" Everyone stopped and looked towards the windows but didn't see anything. Tanjiro was filled with adrenaline due to the panic he was feeling. There was no time for questions as the boy threw himself off the bed and started crawling towards the door with his one arm. He didn't care for the pain, he had to find his younger sister. Inosuke rushed over to the boy and picked him up as he scolded:

"You could've just asked."

Tanjiro didn't say anything as everyone rushed outside towards the back of the building where the garden was. Their jaws dropped once they saw Nezuko bathing in the light of the sun without burning up, bamboo gag removed as she knelt down and caressed the warm soil.

Tanjiro couldn't believe what he was seeing, his heart nearly stopped once he saw Nezuko in the light and stayed that way when he realized she wasn't burning up. He was in a short-lived trance until he snapped back to the current situation and pushed himself away from Inosuke as he cried out to his younger sister, "Nezuko!" He crawled towards her, tears welling up in his eyes as he couldn't believe what he was seeing. Despite her always being with him even though she became a demon, it was like she finally came back after a long time for Tanjiro. Nezuko rushed over to her older brother as the two siblings embraced each other. Tanjiro bawled his eyes out as he squeezed her as tightly as possible. He had never felt so much relief wash over him in his entire life, he cried as hard as he did when he returned home to see his dead family.

Zenitsu was having a different reaction, the boy's face turned red once he got to see Nezuko without her gag and coated in the bright rays of the sun. It was like seeing an angel for the first time for Zenitsu as he rushed over and exclaimed, "HOLY SHIT, NEZUKO IS SO BEAUTIFUL IN THE SUN!" He, too, wanted to embrace Nezuko at that moment but stopped himself when he saw how much Tanjiro was crying and decided to respect his comrade's space.

Nezuko caressed her older brother's hair as she tried to soothe him, "There, there, you don't have to cry now, big brother." She had difficulty speaking but it was mostly clear what she was saying. It had been at least two years since she last spoke so moving her jaw around so frequently and forming words was more challenging than she realized. Still, this was enough for Tanjiro as he started to calm down and the two siblings backed apart. The boy inquired while still drying his tears:

"How is this possible? How are you not burning up right now?"

"I don't know to be honest. I only found out because I got bored waiting for you to wake up and sunlight was getting into the room. So I decided to try sticking my hand out just to see what it felt like. I missed the warm feeling of the sun and when I put my hand out, nothing happened. I was as shocked as you were when I found this out."

Zenitsu spun around before striking a flashy pose in front of Nezuko as he confessed, "That's it! I thought you were beautiful but you also have the voice of a goddess as well! Nezuko Kamado, please be my girlfriend!" Zenitsu practically bowed towards the girl and contemplated going even further and pressing his forehead against the ground to show how serious he was about his proposal. Everyone was shocked by Zenitsu's outburst but Kanao paid attention carefully as she was very interested in what was going on, this counted as a learning experience for her.