Help Anya!

Even with her mouth taped shut, it was clear to see that Anya is scared out of her mind as she stares at the scary mem in front of her. "Who the hell is this kid?" The boss demands to know.

"Could she be Twilight's?" One of the men wonders. "No idea. She was in the room where the message came from, so we snatched her just in case." The kidnapper explains.

Because of the transmission?

"She was holed up inside the apartment with a barricade out front." The other one adds. "Why out front?" The boss asks with furrowed brows. "Beats me." The kidnapper shrugs.

The boss gives a side glance e to Anya. "Well, no matter. We might be able to use her as a hostage in order to force Twilight to steal the toupee off of the foreign minister's head personally." Another thug speaks up. "Boss, I think we should just give up on the toupee."

The boss briskly takes out a gun and shoots the man right in the head. "Transparency is essential in government. Toupees are a no-go." The boss says without remorse.

A pistol with a silencer...

"Also, the Minister's a traitor who's been secretly backing the West." The boss further states as he lights up a cigarette. "Anyone who advocates for a traitor is also a traitor."

A real bad guy...

A man at the window turns and announces while pointing outside. "Boss! Nguyen and his guys are back from the apartment!"

The man that knocked down Loid sets down the latter with a bag over his head. "We captured him."

"Well done." The boss congratulates as he approaches the struggling man. The man with the pipe rubs his throat while groaning in pain and backing away. "Those weren't the moves of an amateur. He's the real deal."

"Go rest over there." The boss orders, not noticing Anya watching the man with bright eyes, all trace of fear gone.

"Now then, Twilight..." The boss starts with an evil grin. The bends down to the man on the floor. "Let's have you return the photographs you stole from me." The boss takes off the bag, only to see the man tied up is  Nguyen. "What?!" The boss yells in shock. "What's going on?! He was just-" One of the thugs turn around and gasps. "The kid's gone!" The boss shakes angrily and shouts at the top of his lungs, "He got me again!"

The faker shuts the door and bolts, making sure he's holding Anya tightly.

This was a mistake. I risked everything by waltzing right into enemy territory. I'm a failure as a spy!

Papa...

Anya bawls, happy that her dad was able to save her, but Loid thinks that she's scared. "Look, you're okay. I won't do anything. You don't have to be scared!"

Anya leans into her dad's neck, still crying.

This is exactly why kids suck. I see. I think I figured out why I hate the sound of kids crying so much. Because I end up remembering my own childhood.

Loid recalls the time he was crying alone in a destroyed town.

No one reached out their hand to save me. I felt so alone, in despair, and so powerless that all I can do is cry. I thought I abandoned that past, but on a subconscious level, she was reminding me of me. No, actually...

Loid slowly walks out of the building, Anya still in his arms. Once out, Loid set Anya down gently and reaches into his pocket. "Listen up, little girl." Loid starts. "Anya." She corrects. "Listen up, Anya." He starts again as he writes on a piece of paper. "Me and my friends are pro tag players. Whenever we spot someone with potential, we immediately challenge them to a game."