Thirteen

Later that night, after everyone fell asleep, you decided to take your nightly walk around the ship.

As you walked across the grass, you couldn't help but look up and seeing the endless stars in the sky. You thought if you were lucky enough, you might see a shooting star.

In the middle of your stargazing, you heard a small clink in the kitchen. Being curious, you decided to check it out. You opened the door slightly, as your eyes adjusted to the light, you saw Sanji by the stove humming a tune.

You decided to let your presence be known and you cleared your throat. Sanji looked up and smiled once his eyes landed on you.

"What are you doing up this late, little lady?"

"I should ask the same about you." You say making your way further into the galley.

"What'cha makin'?" You asked looking into the sauce pot.

"Spiced milk with honey, I usually make it when I can't sleep."

"It smells amazing." You say.

"Well, since we're both up," Sanji hoists you up by the waist and sits you on the counter. "I don't have to drink this concoction all by myself."

"So, what's got you up in the dead of night?" Sanji asked while handing you your mug.

"I usually can't sleep when there's a lot on my mind."

"What's worrying that pretty head of yours?" He puts out his cigarette.

"Can I tell you this, just between us?"

"Of course, you can trust me." Sanji confirmed.

You take a deep sigh. "Before I left, I was dealing with a lot of family issues back at home."

"I was in the same boat, sister." Sanji says while tilting his head back.

"I'm guessing you're Dad was a piece of work huh?"

"I was his child, but I wasn't his son."

There was short silence between the two of you.

"I'm sorry I brought it up."

"I brunt that bridge a long time ago, you don't have to be sorry about anything." He squeezes your shoulder.

"What brought this up, if you don't mind me asking."

"The family issues I was dealing with, I don't understand why I was fighting with myself with what I knew and what I felt. And at the same time, I was the one feeling bad because I decided to think for myself for once. I don't understand why I felt guilty for leaving some place where I didn't feel I wasn't happy."

"Well," Sanji began. "You're not the only person who felt like that, especially here, so you're not alone. And you don't have to feel that way anymore, you've got us now."

"You really mean that?"

"Of course I do." Sanji wraps his arm around you and gives you a tight squeeze. "And I'll kick anyone's ass who says another wise."

"Thank you." You pressed your lips against the steaming mug.

"So, how is it?"

"It's so good." You hummed before taking another sip.

Sanji gives you a smile and clinks his mug with yours.

After your drink, you decided to take a moment to stargaze, you sat on the grass and looked at the millions of stars and the endless sea. every once in a while, you would see the outlines of different islands and what looked like lights probably from villages that resided on them.

You were so lost in your stargazing, that you nearly jumped out of your skin when you felt someone wrap a blanket around you. You looked up seeing none other then Usopp.

"Long night?" He asked.

"Just not that tired." You say.

Usopp sits down next to you as you went back to stargazing.

"I never knew there were so many stars in the sky. It's so beautiful." You say.

"Yeah, stars are pretty neat."

"I'm not used to seeing them so close, It's actually my favorite thing about being out at sea." You say.

"You know, I kind of want to know more about you." Usopp says.

You turned your direction to face him. "What do you want to know about me?"

"Well, anything honestly." Usopp shrugs.

You let out a soft hum. "I'm 17 and I'm out on my own for the very first time, I like to cook, bake, sometimes I like to craft things, I like to scrapbook, I hate to maintain my hair, I love peaches, I like to eat lemons and limes, and sometimes I draw."

"You like to draw? I draw too!" Usopp says.

"I'm not that good though, most of it is crap."

"I'm sure that's not true. One day you have to show me one of your drawings."

"Alright, but don't say I didn't warn you of how bad it is." You nudged his shoulder.

"So, do you have a devil fruit power that I don't know about?"

"Nope, I am...non-devil fruit."

"If you did, what power would you want?"

You lean back on your hands. "That's a good question, never thought of that."

There was a short pause until you spoke up again. "How did you become so good at sniping?"

"Well. My dad had pretty good aim, I guess I must've got it from him."

"Oh, so Franky taught you."

"O-oh....I meant...my biological dad." Usopp nervously said.

"Oh, well did your biological dad teach you growing up?"

"Well, not really. See, he left when I was still a baby." His said, his voice getting quieter.

"Oh..." You said feeling a pang of guilt.

"It was just me and my mom...but then she died, and then it was just me."

You fully sat up, seeing how bubbly and happy Usopp is, it was heartbreaking seeing his change of mood.

"I used to tell myself that he'll eventually come back, that I wasn't completely alone in the world, and everything would would get better but...he never did, and I raised myself. I've never told anyone that...Guess he didn't want me..."

You shook your head and cupped his cheek. "Usopp, look at me,"

"That's not true, you grew up to be the strong, kind, funny, and the best sniper I've ever met. And it's his fault that he missed out seeing you become who you are. And besides, you ended up gaining a much cooler dad in the process, right?"

Usopp chuckles. "I guess you're right."

"I'd trade my Dad for anyone in a heartbeat." You scoffed.

Usopp laughs and nudged your shoulder, you laughed and nudged him back. "Thanks (y/n)."

"I'm only being honest."

You both went back to looking at the stars.