wιѕнғυl тнιɴĸιɴɢ;pαrт ғιve

Sam parks in front of Lucky Chin's and they get out of the car. Wes was still shocked about Todd. 

"That - that - that kid turned over that car like - like it was nothing."

Nadia chuckles, "You should have seen the teddy bear."

"Come on," Sam motions him to the restaurant. "Fun's over. Time to pull the coin."

He looks down, hesitant.

"Wes!" 

"Well, why can't we just get what we want?!" He yells, frustrated. 

The sadness in his eyes was disheartening. Though part of it was her empathy at work, Nadia felt bad for him. He reminded her of Irene. Even though they were normal and hadn't experienced the hunter life - they still had dreams, disappointment, and pain. 

If she could go back, she would have been nicer and more understanding to Irene.

"Because that's just life, Wes," she tells him. "And -"

A dark cloud suddenly appears in the sky. Lightning strikes Sam and he falls to the ground.

"Sam!" Nadia gasps, going to his side. She checks his pulse; he was dead. "Who the hell would do this?" As soon as the question left her lips, Hope's face popped into her mind. 

Nadia looks inside the restaurant. The brunette was inside, standing at the wishing well.

Hitting her peak of frustration, she turns to Wes, grabbing him by the collar. "Listen to me. You are not the only person in the world suffering and you won't be the last. You will fix this and no, you don't have a choice."

"But -"

Nadia roughly pulls him inside the restaurant to face the woman that he loved. 

"Hope," Wes was surprised to see her there.

Hope turns around, distraught. "I'm sorry, I had to, didn't I? They're gonna make you wish our love away." 

"You wished a man dead?" He approached her accusingly. 

"I love you more than anything."

"Stop saying that. Stop it!" 

"But I do," her voice breaks. Hope grabs his collar in desperation with tears in her eyes. "More than anything. More than me. More than life. Oh, Wes." She caresses his face. "Don't hate me."

Wes caresses her face, giving her one last kiss and a hug.

"It'll be okay." He looked at Nadia who nodded that he was doing the right thing. "I'll make it okay. It's gonna be okay."

Wes pulls away from her. He dips his hand into the fountain and picks up the coin. Almost instantly, Hope blinks, coming out of what felt like a daze.

Wes stands to face her, "Hope."

She frowns a bit, "Do I know you?"

Hope walks away confused, leaving Wes disappointed.

It was so heartbreaking to watch Nadia looks away for a moment. She and Wes leave the restaurant to find Sam alive, well, and watching Hope walk down the sidewalk. 

"You good?" Nadia asked him.

"Yeah, yeah, you guys?"

Wes doesn't say a word. He just gives Sam the coin and walks away - alone.

 He just gives Sam the coin and walks away - alone