TWENTY FIVE: DROWNING

𝕭𝖆𝖉 𝖗𝖊𝖕𝖚𝖙𝖆𝖙𝖎𝖔𝖓
Twenty - 2X04
Abomination (part two)

HER FINGERS TWITCH AT HER SIDE AS HER FACE SCRUNCHES UP IN DISGUST, THE SMELL OF CHLORINE THAT INVADES HER NOSE CAUSING A WAVE OF NAUSEA TO WASH OVER HER IN A SUDDEN RUSH

An ache works it's way up her body, ending in her head as a sharp pang. She groans lowly, shifting on her back slightly in pain. What the fuck happened?

Lacrosse...

The pool.

Stiles?

The lizard-

Erica!

Her eyes blink open with urgency, a gasp falling from her lips once she catches sight of Erica's limp form.

Erica's honey-coloured eyes are clenched shut, her bright, blonde her lying askew around her as her body remains perfectly still.

Nat exhales in relief once she spots the rise and fall of Erica's chest.

She's alive!

Natalia crawls forward, gasping with each step she takes as her ribs loudly protest her movements, pulsating angrily in her chest.

"Erica," she whispers, tapping the girl's cheek softly, her voice trembling with worry, "Erica."

She doesn't move.

Nat wants nothing more than to just lie beside her and curl into her, until this whole thing is over- she just wants to go to sleep!

But, she can't.

She has to get them out.

She has to-

She has to-

Her vision begins to swirl, a lump forming in her throat as she bends at the waist, gripping onto her stomach tightly.

No- no, not now!

She has to save Erica, she can't fail. Not at this.

Nat unwraps her arms from around herself and taps a little harder on Erica's cheek, desperately begging for her to wake up through harsh whispers as panic begins to engulf her body.

"Nat!" Stiles calls from behind her. Nat turns her head to look over her shoulder, frowning when she's sees his and Derek's current predicament. The two of them float (barely) above the water in the school's swimming pool, clutching onto each other like a lifeline. Nat narrows her eyes, cursing herself when her vision goes blurry for a second, before focusing on the lizard-creature as it prowls around the opposite side of the pool, it's eyes pinned on her, "Nat! You have to get in the water!"