• chapter one

THE smell of chemicals filled in the room 55, it really stung the nose, it was impossible for anyone to feel at home

THE smell of chemicals filled in the room 55, it really stung the nose, it was impossible for anyone to feel at home. In an all-white and empty room, there was only one girl lying on the bed, it would be a lie if she felt at home. From childhood until now—she would be turning seventeen—a room full of chemical smells is a prison for her. However, when the quite situation was an opportunity for her to escape from the place where she could not breath.

Byun Dalmi, a girl who was a month turning seventeen, her wishlist was to see the beautiful world. Because of the heart disease she suffered since childhood, Dalmi was hospitalized for the rest of her life, especially her father who was very possessive.

“Byun Dalmi!” her father's screams boomed through the hospital halls when he found room 55 was empty. On the other hand, Dalmi was walking down the hall with her short legs only wrapped in socks without shoes. She did not know how many people she bumped.

Around the park, there was a crowd of people who were about to disperse. It seems that a charity concert held to entertain the patients in the hospital has already been held and sadly has ended. With Dalmi's small body, she slipped into the crowd. She kept her head down so that her long hair covered her face. Because she was mostly looking down, she bumped into someone's body and dropped his things.

“I'm so sorry, I'm in a hurry,” said Dalmi while continuing to bow her body.

“Byun Dalmi!” Her father's voice from behind was getting louder, once Dalmi looked back worriedly.

“Can you help me?”

“Pardon?”

“Help me escape from here without being caught,” continued Dalmi re-explaining.

The guy she hit just put on a confused face and let Dalmi suddenly pulled his arm. That was Dalmi's first encounter with him, the savior of her life. The one who will help her feel freedom even just once in her life.[]