• chapter three

AMID the crowds and shouts of people having fun on the playground it was a stark contrast to the lonely and gloomy hospital

AMID the crowds and shouts of people having fun on the playground it was a stark contrast to the lonely and gloomy hospital. Dalmi did not know for sure when was the last time she had fun like a normal person, maybe when she was very young before she was finally hospitalized because of her heart disease.

Game rides that are still safe for Dalmi’s heart to ride with cheerful faces. Rabbit ear headbands for Dalmi and tiger ears for Taehyung they used for that long. Do not forget cotton candy and ice cream were always snack at break time. They had so much fun that day that arriving at the Ferris wheel was the final closing of the rides they were on because rides that were not safe for Dalmi's heart were the exception.

Dalmi's smile never faded, but as she was on the height of the Ferris wheel it faded a bit when she spoke, “Thank you, I'd be very happy today if I could—” Her sentence was stuck. 

Taehyung panicked when Dalmi touched the left side of the chest where the heart is located. Immediately, he asked to stop the Ferris wheel so they could get off and go back to the hospital. Dalmi's breath hitched, she was really short of breath. It was obvious that her face was in pain.

Arriving in the hospital, Taehyung did not pay attention to Dalmi's father's face which was already bright red with panic when the two of them arrived. It was Taehyung's fault that he did not ask for permission, but he did fulfill Dalmi's request to run away eventhough for a while, afraid if her father would be angry.

Doctors and other medical personnel treated Dalmi who was getting weaker, but Dalmi instead asked her father and Taehyung to come into the room. Dalmi who was cheerful at the playground suddenly turned into a pale Dalmi lying on the bed. Her sad gaze stared at the two of them.

“Father, I'm sorry I've been gone for a while without your permission. Sorry, I have been so naughty all this time,” Dalmi said in a weak tone.

Dalmi's father's strokes on Dalmi's long hair gently indicate his deep affection.

“Kim Taehyung, thank you for making my wish come true on my birthday today,” said Dalmi, now for Taehyung.

Then, Dalmi turned back to her father, who now had no angry expression, only anxiety remained. "Father, don't be angry with Taehyung, he has already given me the best gift today. And for the best gift from Father is not to be angry with him and me. Today is really the best day for me, everyone gave the best gift for me, especially a gift from God. Once again … thank you.”

And those were Dalmi's last words simultaneously with the last breath and the last smile. Dalmi's father and Taehyung's tears broke. Dalmi's father almost fell to the floor if Taehyung did not hold him. Doctors and medical personnel tried to handle as much as possible, but God's destiny said otherwise.

Yes, it's true as Dalmi said if God gave her the best gift today; He pick her back up so that Dalmi would not feel pain anymore in the world.[] 

—FIN—

hi, i'm back, but ... yeah u know my comeback instead disappoints u with a short story and the storyline that is too fast.  u must be disappointed, right? however, thanks for reading. i'm waiting for your feedback. wait for me to come back with another story. any requests? whose cast do u want in next AU? please, tell me for my inspiration.
c ya~

karsalara, 121122