Chapter-5: Unwelcome Guest

"If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavour" -Eleanor Roosevelt

We went to sit down, Enola sighing about the deficiency of chocolate she had in her bloodstream. "Enola, relax." I laughed, kicking my feet up on the sofa, resting my head in her lap. "Get off of me!" She laughed, pushing me so that we ended up in the opposite positions.

I started pushing stray strands of her hair, when suddenly I heard a sneeze coming from a bag on the shelf above the sofa.

A head popped out of the bag, and I looked at Enola, in amusement.
"Hello." A boy smiled, wearing a cream coloured suit.
"Get out of this carriage." Enola muttered.
"No, you see, I'm in hiding. Bribed a porter to put me in this bag and shove me on board." He smirked. "Pretty daring."

"Get out of this carriage right now!" She said, louder.
"'Tis best if you listen to my brother." I whispered to him.

"You're a...strange-looking gentleman." He looked at me up and down.
"And you think you look normal?" Enola laughed.
"You are not boys at all."
"I might be a boy." I replied.

"Who are you?"
"What are you?"

"I'm Viscount Tewkesbury, the Marquess of Basilweather." He outstretched his hand to me.
"You're a nincompoop," I muttered.
He retracted back his hand, fuming.
I might have felt a shard of resentment.

"I'll have you know, I have just undertaken a particularly daring escape-"
"You have not escaped!" Enola yelled.
"There is a man wearing a brown bowler hat, currently on this train, searching for you, and once he finds you, he will think we helped hide you, and we will get endangered by this!" 

"Enola!" I said.
"Leave him be." I gave her a look.
"We are going to leave." I muttered, standing up.

"Good day, Viscount Tewkesbury, the Marquess of Basilweather. Take care." 
I got up with Enola, and we walked outside.

The man in the brown bowler hat passed us in a hurry, and I felt guilt set in my stomach as he walked into the carriage.

"Enola, we need to help him." I said. "He'll die."
I ran into the carriage, finding him dangling out, holding on to the window, and the man trying to push him off.
I looked at the sight, and tried to figure out what to do.
"You take Tewkesbury, I'll take him!" I yelled, grabbing the man and putting him in a chokehold. Enola struggled to pull Tewkesbury back, and I grabbed the man's cane with my other hand, hitting him on the head. 

He fell down, clutching his skull.
"En, use this!" I yelled, handing her the stick, and pulling one of Tewkesbury's hands. We were reaching the tunnel, and once that happened, if he was not in the carriage by then, he would smash into the wall, and die.

The second we reached the tunnel, we pulled him back, and the door burst off.

We started running down the hall, Tewkesbury's face red and pained.

"Who is that?! He's trying to kill me!" 

"Obviously, Marquess!" Enola yelled.

"I'm not ready to die on a train." He said.
"I wasn't ready to die at all! And I wasn't going to until I met you!" She shot back.
"Enola, Tewkesbury, could you both please keep your bloody gobs shut?! We're going to die soon otherwise!"

"Well, better now than never!" Enola yelled.

We were going to die.