Part 3

Ayumi ran down the path that she used to get to and from school back to her house. She was panting, running as fast as she could while holding Fu-chan in front of her. She was taking the long steps one at a time, trying to distance herself from the PreCure as much as possible.

'Why? Why?' Ayumi thought to herself. 'Why is this happening?'

Ayumi remembered the way the Smile PreCure and the Pretty Cure 5 glared at Fu-chan. At her. 

'What do I do? I'm the PerCure's enemy now.'

Before she knew it, she was entering her apartment. As the door closed itself behind her, she gasped for breaths, not taking a break until she got back into her apartment.

"Ayumi, are you okay?" Fu-chan asked her.

"Fu-chan, I'm fine," she told it. "I'm fine, Fu-chan," she repeated with a bit more courage. She then started petting Fu-chan's head. "I'll protect you, so it's okay."

"And I will protect you, Ayumi," Fu-chan said back. Ayumi was at first taken aback by its words, but then relaxed.

"Thank you," Ayumi thanked Fu-chan.

"Ayumi, where did you go?" Ayumi's mother asked her with a bit of venom in her voice as she exited a different room and walked to the door where Ayumi was still standing. "You can't just leave like that! Do you have any idea how worried I was?" 

Ayumi physically cowered back while Fu-chan jumped from her arms and towards her mother.

When Ayumi looked again, she saw that Fu-chan was nowhere to be seen as well as her mother. The only thing that was left of the elder woman was her orange slippers left on the floor where she was walking towards her. Ayumi quickly took her boots off and walked towards her mother's discarded slippers.

"M-mom?" Ayumi asked reluctantly. Her eyes were wide with fear. "Fu-chan, do you know where my mom went?"

"I got rid of her," Fu-chan told her as he floated down behind her. Ayumi gasped.

"Wh... why?!" Ayumi asked it as she turned around. She saw Fu-chan, still dark gold but even bigger and its body, arms and legs were longer than moments ago. "Why?"

"She scolded you," Fu-chan gave its simple reasoning in a emotionless voice. "She is your enemy."

"My enemy?!" Ayumi said in surprised.

"Anyone who makes you sad is your enemy," Fu-chan went on. "Anyone who makes you afraid is your enemy." 

Ayumi gasped as she remembered the dog that was from next door.

"Don't tell me the dog next door was your doing, too?" Ayumi asked it.

"I grew," Fu-chan continued. "So I will grant your wish."

"What?" Ayumi asked. "I don't have a wish."

"You hate your mom," Fu-chan reminded her, its voice being filled with hatred with each word. "You hate school. And you hate this city." As it continued to talk, a black aura started surrounding it. "You wish they would just all go away." Ayumi had fear in her eyes and took a step backwards. Fu-chan didn't notice. "I will grant your wish." Fu-chan then started backing up into the closed door. It phased through it as if there was nothing there.

"Wait!" Ayumi screamed after Fu-chan as it continued to phase through the door. When she was only a few feet away, she tripped over her own two feet and fell to the floor. She then crawled the last little bit over to the door, her eyes starting to well up with tears.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________